Church of the Presentation, a Roman Catholic Parish in the Archdiocese of Newark, is seeking a full-time member of our Family Faith Formation Team. Presentation is a large, active parish of over 4600 families from North New Jersey and southern New York state.
The Family Faith Team (3-4 staff members) is responsible for running a family-centered faith formation program for close to 500 families with children in grades 1-8 which includes an online curriculum as well as monthly Family Gatherings with varied themes and topics and special events.
Title/Position: Family Faith Team Member/First Eucharist Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Lifelong Learning
The Job Description for this role is as follows:
- Collaborates in planning monthly gatherings and events
- Present at monthly Gatherings and other FFF events
- Schedules Facilities for all programs
- Performs other assignments as needed
First Eucharist Program
- Coordinates registration for the Sacraments
- Monitor both First and Second Year Candidates in online lessons
- Coordinates Orientation meetings and programs for both First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
- Runs all necessary programs such as retreats, pull-outs, rehearsals, etc.
- Coordinates dates of Sacraments and all necessary elements
- Forms the First Eucharist Team and ensures they have gone through PGC
Bible Camp (summer)
- Review, select and refine program to parish's needs
- Work with Youth Ministry team to coordinate Junior High volunteers
- Recruit adult and team volunteers for the program
- Coordinate program with station leaders; art, music, snack and recreation
- Maintain volunteer database
- Plan and implement finale
- Plan and implement all aspect of the play
- Notify all FE children (Third graders) of dates/rehearsal
- Coordinate with Music Director regarding rehearsals for participants and children's choir
- Prepare all costumes for Dress Rehearsal and Event
- Arrange for volunteers to help with the play and make sure they are PGC compliant
Other leadership responsibilities/Programs:
Operation Rice Bowl
Box of Joy Shoe Boxes project
Breakfast with St Nick
Trunk or Treat
Easter Egg hunt
Candidate should have at least 1-3 years experience (Volunteer or paid) in parish catechetical leadership and/or pastoral ministry. Candidate should have at least a BA in related field.
This is a Full-time 40 hour a week position on staff. Hours are somewhat flexible, but candidates need to be available nights and weekends and are expected to be present when needed at parish celebrations and events.
Position includes full benefits as offered by the Archdiocese of Newark.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to Fr Bob Stagg, Pastor, at [email protected] no later than April 30th.
Church of the Presentation
217 West Saddle River Rd
Upper Saddle River NJ 07458
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458