JOB TITLE: Communications and Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications, Diocese of Camden
ABOUT CATHOLIC CHARITIES
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Camden is a faith-based agency rooted in the Gospel and in the social teaching of the Catholic Church. We provide social services to, advocate for, and empower the poor, oppressed or vulnerable. We do this on a non-discriminatory, non-sectarian basis throughout the six southern New Jersey counties. Annually, Catholic Charities serves approximately 34,000 individuals through a range of programs and services in Atlantic, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem Counties.
The full-time Communications and Marketing Manager is a dynamic personality who is, above all, committed to Catholic Charities' mission of providing aid to and advocating for the poor and vulnerable in Southern New Jersey. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the communications manager will also work in collaboration with Catholic Charities leadership, program directors and administrative staff, as well as the board of directors, donors, volunteers, etc. He/She will develop and guide strategy for online and print communications to effectively tell the story of Catholic Charities' services and mission, and in particular managing communications and outreach to the parishes of the Diocese of Camden.
A successful candidate will have knowledge and understanding of nonprofit marketing and communications, the ability to wear many hats, and knowledge of and exposure to the Catholic Church and its teachings, particularly in regards to Catholic Social Teaching and Social Justice.
The communications manager will work primarily from the Diocese's offices in the City of Camden, but will be expected to familiarize his or herself with the staff and office locations in all six counties within Catholic Charities' service area and maintain frequent contact with those offices.
Content Production and Management
• Produce high-quality written and visual content for use across all of Catholic Charities' platforms including social media, e-mail, web, print, photography and video, if applicable.
• Write news-style stories about Catholic Charities clients and services for the weekly Diocese of Camden newspaper, The Catholic Star Herald
• Serve as the main administrator and manager of all social media accounts
• Cultivate engaging, meaningful, mission-oriented content for major social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram on a daily basis
• Grow and develop video content for YouTube account and website
• Serve as the primary manager of Catholic Charities' website content, overseeing the content population and editing of latest news posts, events, careers, online resources, etc.
• Facilitate the ongoing publication of news content, with a particular emphasis on individual client success stories
• Website analysis using Google Analytics
• Ongoing enhancements and adjustments to the website platform and features
• Write copy and edit Catholic Charities' monthly donor e-newsletter and manage the Mailchimp e-mail database
• Develop and maintain an effective strategy for obtaining media coverage of Catholic Charities events and programs
• Write and distribute press releases
• Manage all media inquiries and interview requests with appropriate staff, working closely with the executive director and diocesan communications director
• Provide media training for staff
Development and Fundraising
• Assist the executive director in developing print and electronic communications for fundraising and development campaigns and events, including parish outreach for material donations and volunteers
• Produce all content, layout and copy editing for the Annual Report
• serving as a member of the fundraising planning committees
• Manage Catholic Charities Speaker's Bureau, working with parishes and other venues to schedule speakers, and help staff develop their presentations and remarks
• Actively engage with Catholic Charities satellite offices, program directors and staff case workers to bring client stories and program services to light
• Manage internal brand awareness strategies (i.e. staff brand awareness, e-mail signatures, website recognition)
• Other marketing/communications responsibilities as assigned
• B.A. or B.S. required
• 2 or more years of experience in nonprofit communications or marketing, or a related field
• Professional writing and editing skills, including the flexibility to write in different styles for various audiences
• Effective oral communication and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a multi-level context
• Ability to communicate and work with a wide range of constituencies, including volunteers, donors, and clients
• Attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and ability to produce high-quality work in print and online
• Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals
• Experience with WordPress or similar website content management systems
• Experience with MailChimp or other email marketing tools
• Experience managing social media accounts
• Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching, social justice issues, and the mission of Catholic Charities
• Articulate and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, self-confidence, and initiative
• Committed to collaboration with both fellow staff members and other constituencies
• Comfort with working in a fast-paced, flexible environment
• Interest in continuing to develop skills and learning from others
• Flexibility and willingness to contribute when necessary on projects outside of own responsibility
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships
SALARY AND BENEFITS INCLUDE:
• Competitive salary for a religiously affiliated non-profit organization
• Health insurance
• 403(b) defined contribution retirement savings plan
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Director of Communications: [email protected]
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. In order to build the strongest organization possible, Catholic Charities actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.