Hours per Week: 20 (Additional Hours based on need)
Reports to: Director of Office Administration
Office assistants are a vital need to the administrative/operations team. By direction and delegation, Office Assistants perform a variety of clerical and operational support duties. They make Parish Life for the community a better experience in helping the office team and other Staff perform efficiently. Those with existing office experience will widen their experience in a Catholic Parish setting; those seeking to gain practical office experience will find this position fruitful.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet & assist visitors/parishioners that contact the front office via in person or phone. Following up with inquiries in a timely manner.
• Assisting with imputing relevant data (sacramental certifications, mass cards, etc) into parish database and other archives.
• Complete projects assigned to the office team.
• Other duties as assigned by the Pastor and management team.
• Practicing Catholic with knowledge of the Church and its needs, schedules, and priorities.
• Good Communication and interpersonal skills is a necessity.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) along with other computer skills is a plus.
• At times an office assistant will be asked to represent the Parish for events. This could occur one or two times a month.
• Based on current needs, general schedule of workdays will be Tuesday through Friday. However, during important Liturgical times of the year (Advent/Christmas, Holy Week, etc), days and hours of work may be modified.
Please email with resume/background summary and to set up an initial screening interview