Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts is a residential Catholic liberal arts college that seeks to transform students in their entire persons. Located on a mountain in Warner, New Hampshire and offering inspiring learning, spiritual development, and a deep sense of community fellowship, Magdalen has been described as "the Rivendell of Newman Guide Colleges."
Magdalen College is seeking a Catholic professional to serve in a full-time role as Executive Assistant and Events Coordinator. This position would be responsible for providing administrative assistance to the President as well as planning and overseeing events. He/she will report to the President in both roles.
• Serve as confidential assistant to the President, performing a wide variety of administrative tasks, including maintaining the President's appointment calendar, taking minutes of meetings, scheduling appointments, reserving meeting rooms, answering incoming phone calls, reviewing incoming mail, metering and delivering outgoing mail to the post office, etc.;
• Compose and edit drafts of certain correspondence from the President, as needed;
• Plan for Board of Trustee meetings, prepare Board meeting agendas and reports, record minutes of non-executive-session Board meetings, and maintain Board meeting minutes file;
• Record all donations and prepare acknowledgement letters for the President's signature;
• Maintain various administrative files, historical files, and records;
• Make reservations for the President and Board members for meetings and conferences;
• Arrange lodging for visitors to the college;
• Maintain communication database, constituent records, and group email distribution lists;
• Order office supplies, including letterhead, envelopes, business cards, name badges, etc.;
• Process Mass requests for the chaplain and prepare and mail Mass cards;
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Oversee the planning and execution of college events, including Convocation, Graduation, Welcome Weekend, donor relation events, fish fries, etc., and work with other departments to plan and execute events such as Orientation, Scholarship Weekend, Holy Week services, Lessons and Carols, and Summer Programs;
• Coordinate the master calendar of college events;
• Work with Director of Marketing and Communications to market upcoming events and organize RSVP's; communicate with other departments, including the Chef, Director of Admissions, Dean of Student Life, and Academic Dean, about event details and needs;
• Order necessary equipment and book vendors/services for events, including the rental of chairs, outdoor tents, speaker system, jazz band, etc.;
• Manage budget and track expenses for certain events;
• Work with other departments to coordinate room setup, the moving of furniture, assigning of student and employee roles, and other tasks required to prepare for and execute events;
• Oversee student work-study and volunteer helpers supporting events;
• Order regalia for Convocation and Graduation; create diplomas to award at Graduation.
• A practicing Catholic who is committed to upholding and promoting the Christian faith, especially as it is taught by the Magisterium of the Catholic Church;
• Bachelor's Degree with three (3) to five (5) years of experience in administrative assistance;
• Self-starter, ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines and maintaining strong attention to detail;
• Interpersonal skills with high degree of tact, patience, courtesy, warmth, and positive attitude in situations of stress;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality among students and colleagues;
• Highly organized and skilled at record-keeping;
• Ability to write engagingly and persuasively, with proper grammar and punctuation, with strong copywriting and editing skills;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, and database management; experience with Blackbaud is preferred;
• Must promote the stated mission of Magdalen College in areas of professional and personal conduct, both on and off campus, and understand how the development and sustaining of a Christian community at the College is an essential component of this mission.
Application materials should be addressed to the President, Dr. Ryan Messmore, and submitted electronically to [email protected]. Please include "Executive Assistant and Events Coordinator" in the subject line.
Warner, NH 03278