Sophia is looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our accounting team. We are a goal-oriented team that works hard and enjoys being committed to the financial performance of Sophia. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing and processing the transactional accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and overseeing the reconciliation process to ensure accurate financial reporting and revenue accounting. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment on a daily basis, this job may be a good fit for you.
• Transaction processing and accounting for Accounts Receivables, including cash application, accounts receivable maintenance, aging, collections, and reconciliation of financial statements.
• Transaction processing and accounting for Accounts Payables, including vendor maintenance and payment processing (i.e. Checks/Wires/ACH payments for all vendors).
• Expense processing for credit card program (Expensify - Chase), including monthly statement reconciliation, and expense code validation.
• Accounting and tracking for all charitable contribution. Acceptiva and Kindful statements monthly.
• Tracking all purchase orders for book printing, and tally all for cash flow reporting.
• Tracking all Sales Commissions and processing payments.
• Cash management transaction processing. Prepare deposits to bank accounts and report transactions for reconciliation. Check bank accounts daily to obtain incoming and outgoing wires/ach payments. Transfer funds as needed from restricted accounts to regular main operating account.
• Prepare weekly cashflow reporting, and other reports as requested.
• Support for Reporting - Monthly / Quarterly / Annual closing process.
• Support for Global / Statutory Audits - partner with the CFO and other senior leaders to manage global audit and any required statutory audits.
• Provide support/maintenance of current Revenue/Billing cycle and leadership within the ERP project team for revenue recognition.
• NetSuite ERP coordination & implementation - support for accounting project team engaged in NetSuite ERP implementation project - liaise with IT / Technology and third party vendors (NetSuite) to insure all requirements definitions are achieved and system launches successfully as Sophia's new global accounting and financial reporting platform.
• Manage accounting requests which may require internal review / escalation through quarterly cycle.
• 2+ years of relevant experience
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to perform independent research and prepare analyses of the impact of accounting and regulatory pronouncements on the company's financial statements and accounting and disclosure practices.
• Detail-oriented with demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with senior management and influence decision making
• Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change
• Ability to take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion.
• Ability to work with all levels of personnel, from staff to executive management.
Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software and
High level of efficiency and accuracy.
Willingness to comply with all local, state, federal, and company
Sophia Institute is seeking an individual who is committed to advancing its mission. The ideal candidate will have:
• A commitment to the Catholic Faith and to the mission of Sophia Institute.
• Strong process management experience preferred
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• NetSuite experience a plus
• Excellent excel skills
Submit Resume via email to:
Charlie McKinney, President