Sophia is looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual to lead our finance/accounting team. We are a goal-oriented team that works hard and enjoys being committed to the financial performance of Sophia. The CFO must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management and accounting, and be an excellent leader capable of managing the three employees that report to him/her.
• Coordinate and direct the financial planning and budgeting of the organization.
• Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
• Oversee preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
• Analyze financial details and expected operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
• Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
• Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, and payroll.
• Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
• Prepare and coordinate the collection of all information for our annual audit.
• Work collaboratively with our team to improve the functionality and ease-of-use of our existing websites.
• Perform all other duties expected of a CFO.
Sophia Institute is seeking an individual who is committed to advancing its mission. The ideal candidate will have:
• A commitment to the Catholic Faith and to the mission of Sophia Institute.
• Strong understanding of financial and accounting procedures.
• Leadership skills with the ability to delegate, motivate, and inspire team members.
• Honesty, humility, integrity, and a mission-driven attitude.
• An action-oriented and flexible disposition.
• A strong work ethic and attention to detail.
Submit Resume via email to:
Charlie McKinney, President