The Accounting Coordinator reports to the both the C.F.O. and Controller. The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for: conducting all banking related transactions and paperwork; Functions as the Archdiocesan Finance Department's primary liaison with the Archdiocesan Parish and School community; and provides general accounting and office support for the Archdiocesan Finance Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
BANKING ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
• Serving as the primary Archdiocesan relationship manager with all banking partners, including the management of approximately 150 bank accounts of the Archdiocese, Parishes and Schools (also referred to as "locations").
• Providing banking related support to all locations ensuring correct procedures are followed, and updating policies, with the C.F.O.'s permission, as needed or directed.
• Initiating and completing various banking transactions, including, but not limited to: all account balance transfers, wire transfers, check orders, disputes, new/closed account requests, and updating signature card updates for all locations.
• Managing credit card accounts for all Chancery Office employees and locations.
• Completing all credit applications for all locations, maintaining signatures, and closing accounts, as needed.
• Acting as the primary location Liaison by providing a high degree of professional and courteous customer service and fostering the necessary and critical connection between the Archdiocesan Finance Department and the locations, including with the Pastor/Administrator and staff of the locations.
• Responsible all Archdiocesan Finance Department communications all staff of the locations, including, without limitation Pastors/Administrators.
GENERAL FINANCE DEPARTMENT SUPPORT
• Preparation of and coordinating the distribution of budgets and financial reporting packages, as well as other necessary materials.
• Reconcile second collections and mission co-ops collections from Parishes.
• Prepare stock donation letters and investment documentation, as needed.
• Maintain files for planned gifts, including notifications, receipts, and disbursements, as well as prepare and process estate claims in conjunction with the C.F.O. and General Counsel.
• Responsible for maintaining 501(c)3 documentation and completing annual state tax exemption applications for all locations.
• Support the Catholic Stewardship Appeal process.
OTHER ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as the primary Archdiocesan Finance Department representative for internal and external parties by answering phones and routing calls, as well as by distributing department mail, as needed.
• Support retired Archdiocesan priests with benefits management.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of the Catholic Church and the Catholic faith.
• Bachelor's degree and/or prior accounting experience preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and familiarity with relevant financial software.
• Non-Profit, Parish, and/or Archdiocesan experience preferred.
• Organizational and multi-tasking skills are essential.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
DISCLAIMER ABOUT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job description provides a general overview of the duties and responsibilities associated with the position, but it is not an exhaustive list of all tasks and qualifications required. Reasonable accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties of similar nature or level of difficulty may also be required. You should be aware that your employment with the Archdiocese of Las Vegas constitutes AT WILL employment. As a result, both the Archdiocese and you are free to terminate the employment relationship at any time. This description is not intended to create a contractual agreement and is subject to change. For further information, please refer to the Archdiocese of Las Vegas Employee Handbook as the governing document for all employee matters.