The Roman Catholic Diocese of Las Vegas is recruiting for the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO serves as the financial administrator of the Diocese and reports directly to the Bishop. This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual who wants to be part of the Diocese's senior management team and to oversee the stewardship of the organization's fiscal resources in support of the mission of the Diocese.
The CFO oversees all financial and related functions of the Diocese, including, but not limited to: administration of financial activities under the direct administration of the Bishop; establishing, recommending and/or implementing appropriate financial policies, procedures, and protocol to ensure the effective and appropriate management of Diocesan temporal goods; advising the Bishop, Vicar General or his designees/senior Diocesan staff of the financial condition of the Diocese, including, the effects of existing and proposed programs and activities; and overseeing additional financial functions such as budgeting, investments, real estate, construction, facilities, payroll and benefits.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Las Vegas is seeking an experienced financial professional who has excellent business, financial, and management skills, with a minimum of ten years of executive level experience in financial management. At a minimum, candidates must possess the following qualifications, without limitation:
• A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration
(an M.B.A. is preferred);
• Exemplary oral and written communication skills;
• Proficiency with information technology;
• Proven leadership ability and vision, and the commitment to the mission, vision
and values of the Roman Catholic Church;
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred;
• Minimum ten (10) years' experience in financial management, reporting and analysis;
• Must be able to pass a background check successfully; and
• Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
Highly competitive with comprehensive benefit package.
May 10, 2023
(We reserve the right to shorten or extend the deadline for applications depending on interest. Please apply early to ensure your application will be considered.)
For consideration, please email resume and a filled out job application to:
Administrative Assistant to
Director of Human Resources
Diocese of Las Vegas [email protected]
Note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Las Vegas, NV 89109