SAINT FRANCIS OF ASSISI POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION NAME: Bilingual Parish Admin LOCATION: Incline Village, NV
REPORTS TO: Administrative Operations Manager EFFECTIVE DATE: July 7, 2022
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt TERMS: Full time (35+ hours/week)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Parish Admin answers the phone, greets and assists visitors to the office and offers administrative and support to the Parish staff, parishioners, and ministries to meet parish needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Handles people's inquiries and performs office duties.
• Answers phones and greets people who enter the office.
• Manages master facility scheduling calendar and facility space reservation.
• Registers new parishioners and maintains parishioner directory in ParishSoft.
• Registers volunteers, collects volunteer paperwork and maintains volunteer registry to assure all ministry volunteers are registered with background checks. Works with supervisor or Virtus facilitator to assure they have had their training in Virtus and the registry reflects a current list of volunteers with their contact information.
• Checks in visitors and volunteers to assure security of staff and school and reports irregularities to supervisor
• Offers administrative support to the Pastoral Council, Finance Council, various parish ministries, and religious education programs.
• Picks up mail and runs office errands, as needed at prior to 9:00AM.
• Makes sure spaces are tidy and in working order.
• Assist in creation of Parish handouts logos and designs as needed
• Orders office supplies and other materials, as needed.
• Helps translates English into Spanish for documents.
2. Plans and supports parishioners and staff during the day.
• Be helpful to staff when asked to help
• Receive mass intentions as needed
• Handle purchase order requests and follow protocols set by supervisor.
• Be the face and voice of the parish, present and supportive.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
• Possess technical ability, including computer/Publisher/Website and Internet skills
• Have working knowledge of MS Office software
• Be able to prioritize workload
• Be able to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Be able to communicate effectively with staff, parishioners, ministry groups and outside vendors through written, verbal, and digital means; must have good listening skills
• Must maintain a strict level of confidentiality
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community. One or more years' office experience and good with people and efficient in tasks.
JOB CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a church or office setting, under continual, tight deadlines. Set office hours must be kept for consistency of the parish and a welcoming atmosphere for our parishioners