St. Labre Indian School Educational Association
Pretty Eagle Catholic Academy St. Charles Mission School
Job Title: PreK-4 Teacher
Department: St. Labre Indian Catholic School
Reports To: PreK-4 Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Grade: Certified Salary Schedule
Approved Date: 11/15/19
Teaches elementary school students a variety of subjects to develop academic, social, and motor skills by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. *Indicates the non-essential duties and responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts St. Labre's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1. Plans and develops course study suitable for a particular grade level, K-4, following curriculum guidelines of the school.
2. Develops and presents specific lesson plans using a variety of means, including lectures, projects, group discussions, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers and the Internet.
3. Prepares assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework. Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student performances.
4. Conducts standardized tests in accordance with school policies and state law.
5. Maintains order in the classroom, and administers discipline when necessary to achieve proper behavior.
6. Shares, with other teachers and aides, lunchroom duties and responsibility for monitoring halls and recess periods.
7. Counsels students when academic difficulties or behavioral problems arise.
8. Keeps records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation. Reports on all aspects of student development for school records and parents; conducts parent-teacher conferences on both a regularly scheduled and as-need basis.
9. Consults with other professionals where there appears to be evidence of learning disabilities or problems of social adjustment. Coordinates decisions with parents concerning specialized interventions that appear warranted. Reports cases of suspected child abuse according to state law.
10. Participates in faculty meetings, educational conferences, professional training seminars and workshops.
Directly responsible for any student under the teacher's care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and one to three years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to teach moral and spiritual values to youth.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Strong organizational and management skills.
4. Superlative interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to maintain materials of a highly confidential nature.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents and the general public.
7. Ability to deal effectively with questions or problems, seeking assistance when needed.
8. Willingness to continue professional courses as required according to school guidelines.
9. Desire to work with elementary school-aged children; specialized training for dealing with that age group is a definite asset.
10. Must be willing to change grade level within an elementary school setting according to varying school population from year to year.
11. Respects the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ in private, personal, and public life.
12. Commitment to the mission of the Roman Catholic Church in Native American education.
13. Sensitivity to, and appreciation of Native American people and their cultures.
14. Ability to serve as an appropriate role model for students.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Montana Teaching Certificate or sufficient credits for state accreditation as an elementary school teacher.
Montana drivers license preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Housing available on the St. Labre campus for this position.
- Online application
- Cover letter
- Three current letters of reference
- Copy of college transcripts
- Copy of teacher license