Position Description: The Associate Campus Minister is a part-time position of 15 hours a week during the school year. They will work collaboratively with the Campus Minister, Sacramental Chaplain, and Development Director to provide for ministry serving the students at the campus of University of Missouri, St. Louis and the main campus of Webster University. Together, the staff will provide opportunities for students to encounter a faith community rooted in liturgy, fellowship, prayer, and education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide a ministry of presence and pastoral care with students to encourage faith formation and assimilation, personal growth, and vocation discernment.
• Evangelize and form students in their Catholic faith and encourage the faith development of non-Catholic students in their own traditions.
• Coordinating the planning, preparation, training and evaluation of ministerial programming at the Newman Center including (the): weekly prayer and spirituality events (including liturgy); social & community building events; leadership formation
• Discern & work with other Campus Minister to create and implement new strategies and new programs according to the changing needs of the community.
• Coordinate and oversee all outreach efforts (presence on campus; co-sponsorships for on-campus events; dorm outreach; Welcome Team in the fall and spring; Welcome Weeks activities).
• Plan and lead with other Campus Minister annual events including Awakenings Retreat, Seek Conference, Spring Retreat, Service Week, and others that arise.
• Attend weekly staff meetings, Sunday Mass, and Wednesday Mass, Soup, and Community nights.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Practicing Catholic in good standing.
• Some background in ministry preferred.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Deep knowledge and love for the Catholic Faith.
• Understands the need for confidentiality.
• Effective interpersonal skills to interact with college students and other staff.
• Ability to multi-task as there are often multiple projects at once.
• Willingness to work Sunday evenings and occasional weeknights.
• A deep sense of prayer and relationship with God.
How to apply: If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and references to Joe LaScala, Campus Minister at [email protected].