Salary: $80,000-$85,000 annually, depending on experience
Provide primary support to the National Council Stores committee. Provide leadership support as required for SVDP National Stores. Develop, facilitate and provide communications, information, training, program and other Stores resources to benefit Society members as part of the National Council's strategic and annual plans and budgets.
- Perform content management and standardization for stores-related content on website
- Travel as needed to help members open stores, assist with troubled stores, assist in training new managers and assist in new-store development
- Oversee the manager/s of SVDP National Stores training stores including hiring of store management and staff, setting store standards and processes according to SVDP best practices, and developing a training experience for visiting local store leaders
- Provide senior staff support to the SVDP National Stores board of directors until any separate CEO/COO is hired
- Answer member questions and direct members to best member resources for Stores-related questions and information
- Update Stores email and other communication systems to maintain good communications with SVDP National Stores, local stores and Stores committee members
- Assist in planning and conducting of Stores committee meetings, SVDP National Stores board meetings and other activities
- Assist regional Stores committee members in the development and planning of regional Stores activities
- Perform data analysis on the Stores annual report and track progress on overall store trends and impact on public benefit
- Gather, edit and share standard and best store-related practices
- Accept responsibility for quality work product
- Maintain confidentiality about any proprietary data and privileged information concerning SVdP, its staff, members, volunteers, entities and programs.
- Support and assist in the implementation of National Strategic Plan goals
- Working with partner vendors
- Assist in POS installs and training with partner vendors
- Other assignments as determined by supervisor
Key Competencies of the Position:
- Retail experience; multi-store preferred
- Computer skills knowledge
- SVDP experience preferred
- Thrift store experience preferred
- Store accounting familiarity
- Ability to travel (60% of time expected)
- Greater St. Louis area location preferred
- Planning and organization
- Efficient/effective communication
- Accuracy and detail oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Follow through and time consciousness
- Knowledge of National Office operations and National Council structure
- Ability to initiate independent activity
- Willingness to function as part of a team
- Interpersonal skills
- Flexibility/adaptability to a variety of assignments
- Ability to deal responsively with internal and external customers
- Understanding of the Society: its mission, vision and values
- Competent in developing measurable objectives
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Good communication skills: verbal and written
- Familiarity with retail operations and marketing terms
- Familiarity with basic retail real estate contracting terms
- Computer literacy; familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Comfort with spreadsheet applications and development
- Ability to maintain focus on work throughout interruptions
- Knowledge of not-for-profit operations and Catholic Church teachings
- Relates well to outside contacts and other staff members
- Organizational and proof-reading skills
- Capable of operating a variety of office equipment and machines
- Assist with specific projects and provide information to facilitate work flow at the direction of your supervisor.
- This position encompasses the responsibility for certain on-going programs as well as short-term projects of the National Council.
- A passion for a demonstrated commitment to convey the mission, vision, values and plans of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Supports the Rule and By-Laws of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the Society and all pertinent legal regulations.
- Prepares and accomplishes annual performance and program objectives.
- Participates in annual self-evaluation and performance review.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]