This position provides high level administrative support to the Offices of the Vicar General for Administration and Chancellor and the Vicar General for Pastoral Affairs in the areas of communication (written and verbal), organization, record keeping, and general office tasks. It will be a critical link between the Offices of the Vicars General and the parishes, Chancery offices, agencies, corporations and other outside contacts. Contacts and conversations will primarily involve confidential and/or sensitive matters necessitating discretion. This position is full time, benefit eligible based upon 40 hours per week.
• Secure and be responsible for all confidential records and information with the offices served.
• Create, update and maintain required databases, files and other records and information.
• Keep accurate accounting of office expenditures, requests for payment, subscriptions, etc.
• Respond to requests, concerns, and questions directed to the Offices of the Vicars General appropriately and with confidentiality.
• Provide auxiliary support to Office of the Bishop and Bishop's Executive Assistant.
• Prepare and maintain priest/deacon letters of suitability at direction of Vicars General
• Answer telephone and e-mail inquiries and messages.
• Produce letters, documents and data analysis.
• Scan, photocopy documents.
• Maintain complete and up-to-date office and project files.
• Plan and coordinate meetings, seminars, and other gatherings as directed.
• Produce written reports as scheduled and when requested.
Skills and Abilities:
• Build and maintain constructive relationships with Parish and Chancery staff.
• Respect and maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive matters.
• Maintain high attention to detail.
• Use strong verbal/written communication skills to exchange information clearly and concisely.
• Handle multiple, competing priorities.
• MS Word (Intermediate Level); MS Excel (Basic skill level).
• Minimum two years' experience in administrative assistant or similar role.
• Associates Degree, or similar continued education, is preferred.
• Practicing Catholic with ethical standards, personal integrity, and conduct consistent with the morals and teachings of the Catholic Church; includes faithful obedience to the Magisterium.
The Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental and vision plans, STD/LTD fully paid by the employer, retirement plans including a 403b plan and a defined benefit pension plan. Paid time off includes generous Vacation and Sick leaves, plus paid Holidays.
Note: All employees are required to consent to a background check, commit to our Code of Conduct policy, and complete online and in-person trainings prior to hire.
Apply Here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1482393/Available-Positions/Executive-Administrative-Assistant