Overview: The Finance/HR Controller is a steward of the financial and personnel resources of the Academy. Reporting to the President, the Finance/HR Controller has primary responsibility to maintain accuracy of all financial and HR data, records and files, and to establish a responsible cash flow management system. This position must maintain effective communications between the Academy community, leadership team and outside authorities.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Maintains bookkeeping records for the Academy including tuition receivables, grants, endowments, accounts payable and payroll.
• Prepares, administers and reviews budget process in collaboration with Leadership Team and the Finance Committee, subject to review and/or approval by Board of Trustees, as required.
• Prepares monthly financial reports for the President, Finance Committee and Board of Trustees in coordination with the Board Treasurer.
• Reviews the cash position with the President on a monthly basis or more frequently, when needed.
• Maintains sound banking relationships, including the reconciliation of all banking records.
• Coordinates Academy liability and property insurance, and workers compensation.
• Performs core HR administrative functions such as onboarding, benefits administration, timekeeping, and medical leaves such as STD and/or FMLA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledgeable in budgeting, general ledger, fixed assets, cash flow management, audits, accounts payable, payroll, financial reporting, risk management, workers compensation, and employee benefits.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - highly collaborative and an effective team member.
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and precise.
• Handles confidential information with integrity.
• Maintains a courteous and professional demeanor as a representative of the Academy.
• Undergraduate degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
• Three to five years' experience in accounting or closely related field.
• Three to five years' experience in Non-Profit accounting.
• Intermediate to Advanced skill in general ledger systems and Excel; works equally well with Mac and PC software.
• A practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church is highly preferred; a person of the Christian faith who supports the Mission and participates in the faith life of the Academy will be considered.
This position is based upon 40 hours per week and is benefits eligible. St. Joseph Catholic Academy offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental and vision plans, STD/LTD fully paid by the employer, retirement plans including a 403b plan and a defined benefit pension plan. Paid time off includes generous paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leaves.
Note: All employees are required to consent to a background check, commit to our Code of Conduct policy, and complete online and in-person trainings prior to hire.
Apply Here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1475507/Available-Positions/Finance-and-HR-Controller