The St. Thomas More Newman Parish is accepting applications for a full-time, post-graduate Resident Campus Minister. The Resident Campus Minister position is a one-year commitment with an option to renew for one additional year. The Resident Campus Minister reports directly to the Director of Campus Ministry and serves with a team of priests, four other professional campus ministry staff, parish staff and FOCUS missionaries.
The Resident Campus Minister has primary emphases in ministries related to evangelization, our weekly large group fellowship, and retreats. The Resident Campus Minister lives in an apartment at the Newman Center and works as a part of the Campus Ministry Team to serve the collegiate and parish community through practical ministry and a ministry of presence.
1. Facilitate and supervise weekly large group ministry.
2. Support new student outreach.
3. Intentionally accompany 2-3 students through one-on-one spiritual mentoring.
4. Mentor student leaders with evangelization and retreat leadership roles.
5. Support FOCUS missionaries in accessing building and data resources for Bible Studies.
6. Coordinate food hospitality for weekly and seasonal events.
7. Facilitate locking of the building.
8. Coordinate cleaning and care of campus ministry spaces.
9. Serve in a supporting role for our retreat program.
10. Be an active presence at the 8 pm Student Mass and support other events led by students.
11. Attend mission trips and/or other trips, as needed.
12. Staff parking lot for Mizzou home football games (shared by campus ministry staff).
13. Become a member of the Catholic Campus Ministry Association
14. Fulfill office duties in a timely manner.
15. Other duties, as assigned.
1. Practicing Catholic.
2. Bachelor's degree required.
3. Experience as a student in Campus Ministry required.
4. Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for the ministry.
5. Courses in theology desired.
6. Experience in small group Bible studies preferred.
Compensation consists of an apartment (utilities and parking included), hourly pay and benefits.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three current professional references to Angelle Hall, Director of Campus Ministry, at [email protected] by February 3, 2023.