Position: Communications Specialist
Reports To: Director of Communications
The primary objective of this position is to create targeted and strategic content for a variety of print and digital platforms to reach a diverse Catholic audience. The Communications Specialist role involves implementation of activities related to the conception, development, and production of diocesan communication -print, video, photo, graphics, audio, websites and other digital and physical forms.
• Plan, create, manage and monitor content for diocesan social media [@DioceseKCSJ on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; @BpJamesJohnston on Facebook and Twitter].
• Plan, create and manage content for diocesan website [kcsjcatholic.org], and digital magazine [catholickey.org].
• Attend educational workshops, review professional publications, establish personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and representing the diocese in professional societies.
• Manage diocesan photo, video and graphics libraries including creating, editing, converting and uploading content to appropriate platforms and internal digital storage files.
• Track and report on analytics of digital tools and recommend upgrades and efficiencies.
• Serve as writer and Assistant Editor for bi-monthly Catholic Key magazine; collaborate in planning content, execute editorial content and photos and assist in editing each issue.
• Train Chancery staff on office-relevant social media, websites and webpages.
• Develop and manage processes for various communications resources, e.g. website and social media login credentials.
• Collaborate with Director of Communication on strategy and goals for the diocesan Office of Communications.
• Serve as a knowledge resource for other offices, parishes and schools as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Complete tasks with a high attention to details.
• Manage time and priorities in a fluid communications environment.
• Collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
• Advanced skill level in Adobe Suite products, WordPress and Weebly, and basic skills in Microsoft Office suite, photography and videography.
• Demonstrated proficiency in social media strategy, best practices and execution, website content development and implementation.
• Availability for evening and weekend events.
• Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field or at least three years' experience.
• Degree, certification or studies in Catholic Theology and knowledge of Catholic media and Catholic Church structures is preferred.
• Practicing Catholic in good standing is preferred, but not required.
The Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental and vision plans, STD/LTD fully paid by the employer, retirement plans including a 403b plan and a defined benefit pension plan. Paid time off includes generous Vacation and Sick leaves, plus paid Holidays.
Note: All employees are required to consent to a background check, commit to our Code of Conduct policy, and complete online and in-person trainings prior to hire.
Apply Here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1352896/Available-Positions/Communications-Specialist