This position serves the administrative needs of the Office of the Vicar General for Administration and Chancellor, by providing professional support in the areas of communication (written and verbal), organization, record keeping, and general office tasks. This position is full time, benefit eligible based upon 40 hours per week.
• Update database of clergy and staff.
• Compile Diocesan Spirituality report and Holy See Reports for Secretariat of State, Apostolic Signatura.
• Update Diocesan Directory for annual distribution.
• Provide support to Office of the Bishop and Bishop's Secretary with priest/deacon letters of suitability.
• Answer telephone and e-mail inquiries and messages.
• Use word processing and spreadsheets to produce letters, documents and data analysis; scan, photocopy documents.
• Produce written reports as scheduled and when requested.
Skills and Abilities:
• Build and maintain constructive relationships with Parish and Chancery staff.
• Respect and maintain strict confidentiality.
• Maintain high attention to detail.
• Use strong verbal/written communication skills to exchange information clearly and concisely.
• Handle multiple, competing priorities.
• MS Word (Intermediate Level); MS Excel (Basic skill level).
• Minimum two years' experience in administrative assistant or similar role.
• Associates Degree, or similar continued education, is preferred.
• Practicing Catholic with ethical standards, personal integrity, and conduct consistent with the morals and teachings of the Catholic Church; includes faithful obedience to the Magisterium.
The Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental and vision plans, STD/LTD fully paid by the employer, retirement plans including a 403b plan and a defined benefit pension plan. Paid time off includes generous Vacation and Sick leaves, plus paid Holidays.
Note: All employees are required to consent to a background check, commit to our Code of Conduct policy, and complete online and in-person trainings prior to hire.
Apply Here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1298740/Available-Positions/Administrative-Assistant