Director of Young Adult and Campus Ministry
This position oversees the Diocesan ministry office that serves young adults, and students on campuses at four public universities within the Diocese of Kansas City - St. Joseph.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish a vision and implement the strategy for ministries a) serving students on college campuses and b) young adults in collaboration with parishes and local apostolates.
• Develop and grow Young Adult Ministry to include discipleship formation and outreach/evangelization.
• Manage Campus Ministers/Coordinators at three Newman Centers; collaborate with Chaplains at all four campus locations; lead campus ministry efforts at UMKC.
• Develop leaders in Young Adult and Campus Ministry roles.
• Create and manage office budget under leadership of the service area director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrate innovative thinking that provides solutions to challenges and opportunities for ministry growth.
• Demonstrate ownership and initiative in tasks and projects.
• Strong and effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Promote collaboration and teamwork, sharing information and keeping others informed.
• Build constructive relationships through cooperation with and respect of staff and offices.
Undergraduate in Theology or related field
Minimum 5 years' experience in Young Adult and/or Campus ministry or related field.
Basic skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), in Donor Perfect or similar donor database, and in online website editing.
Practicing Catholic with ethical standards, personal integrity, and conduct consistent with the morals and teachings of the Catholic Church; includes faithful obedience to the Magisterium.
The Diocese offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental and vision plans, STD/LTD fully paid by the employer, retirement plans including a 403b plan and a defined benefit pension plan. Paid time off includes generous Vacation and Sick leaves, plus paid Holidays.
Note: All employees are required to consent to a background check, sign and acknowledge the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) Code of Conduct www.kcsjcatholic.org and complete the Protecting God's Children and Mandated Reporter training prior to hire.
Apply Online at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1170179/Available-Positions/Director-of-Young-Adult-and-Campus-Ministry