Hispanic Ministry Coordinator
This is a part-time position averaging 18 hours per week and will support the work of the Office of Hispanic Ministry within the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph from the Chancery office as well as onsite in parishes.
• Coordinate parish programs and courses offered in parishes such as faith formation, marriage preparation, and natural family planning; mentor and facilitate training.
• Collaborate with parishes in organizing, implementing, and evaluating Diocesan events.
• Support parish directors or religious education and other formation leaders through mentorship and program assistance and representing the Office of Hispanic Ministry at parish meetings and events.
• Support parish leaders and constituents with services such as language translation, website contributions, and communications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrate innovative thinking that provides solutions to challenges and opportunities for ministry growth.
• Demonstrate ownership and initiative in tasks and projects.
• Strong and effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Promote collaboration and teamwork, sharing information and keeping others informed.
• Build constructive relationships through cooperation with and respect of staff and offices.
• Experience with Hispanic Ministry and/or culture - familiarity with the needs of Hispanics in Kansas City.
• Bi-lingual (written and verbal) in English and Spanish.
• Basic to Intermediate skill in Windows software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Etc.).
• Practicing Catholic with ethical standards, personal integrity, and conduct consistent with the morals and teachings of the Catholic Church; includes faithful obedience to the Magisterium.
Note: All employees are required to consent to a background check, commit to our Code of Conduct policy, and complete online and in-person trainings prior to hire.
Apply Here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1217156/Available-Positions/Hispanic-Ministry-Coordinator