Catholic Religious Education Coordinator (CREC) Job Announcement
Catholic Religious Education Coordinator (Part-Time): Keesler AFB, Biloxi, MS 39534
The Catholic Religious Education Coordinator (CREC) coordinates a program of religious education in accordance with the directives set forth by the Air Force Chaplain Corps and in consultation with the Catholic Priest.
CREC Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Follow the guidelines set forth by the AMS and Air Force Chaplain Corps.
• Manages day to day operations of the Catholic Religious Education program and is responsible to the oversight of the Catholic Director of Religious Education.
• Open and secure the chapel building and other facilities used for Catholic Religious Education activities, as required.
Coordinate Religious Education Program:
• Recruit and provide training requirements for volunteer catechist.
• Maintain Religious Education volunteer roster and email program changes as required.
• Coordinate all Religious Education support requirements with the Senior Catholic Priest-Chaplain or designee in his absence.
• Provide orientation for Religious Education volunteers on facilities, funding, policies, and available resources.
• Ensure volunteers are aware of local safety requirements and procedures.
• Schedule volunteers to support Catholic Religious Education programs, Mass Celebrations, fellowships, etc.
• Visit each class at least once each month or as requested by the volunteer catechist.
Assist the Catholic Priest-Chaplain with Religious Education needs in relation to Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion and Confirmation, as required:
• Ensure all pre-requisite requirements of community members are met prior to receiving the Sacraments.
• Coordinate all Sacramental records with the AMS, and/or other dioceses, as required by Canon Law.
• Coordinate and file Sacramental records as required by the AMS.
• In consultation with the Senior Catholic Priest-Chaplain, develop an annual Religious Education calendar of events, and utilize annual Religious Education curriculum as directed by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Conformity List and AMS. Submit to the Wing Chaplain in accordance with local operating instructions.
Maintain a stock of Catholic community reproduction needs (publicity materials, bulletin stock, newsletters, etc.):
• Oversee online media publicity.
Submit Appropriated Fund (APF)/Chapel Tithe and Offering Fund (CTOF) Fund Requests as required in accordance with local procedures for purchase of resources and materials needed to perform Religious Education Coordinator duties:
• All requests for Religious Education materials must be pre-approved prior to purchase.
• Coordinate requests for indirect mission requirements with the Catholic Priest-Chaplain and Keesler CTOF Account Manager.
• Coordinate requests for direct mission requirements with Catholic Priest- Chaplain and route in accordance with local operating instructions.
• Project RE curriculum and material requirements.
• Submit APF/CTOF funds requests with sufficient time for processing.
Maintain stock of expendable supplies and procure supplies as needed for the Religious Education program.
Maintains a record of enrollments and attendance:
• Submit statistical data of Religious Education program attendance to the Catholic Priest-Chaplain within three (3) duty days for Air Force Chaplain Corps Activity Reporting System (AFCCARS).
• Provide Religious Education program data to AMS Faith Formation Director, and the AMS Vice-Chancellor for Evangelization.
Prepare weekly documents:
• Print materials as related to Religious Education.
• Print Catholic community announcements for all liturgies and Holy Days of Obligation.
Coordinate annual Christmas Nativity/Easter play in relation to Religious Education.
• Plan and direct Advent and Lenten Special Events and services to educate families and the entire Catholic community concerning the Catholic faith.
Attend monthly Catholic Advisor Council meetings or special council meetings, as requested by the Catholic Priest-Chaplain:
• Attend Keesler Chaplain Corps team meets as requested/required by the Wing Chaplain.
• Attend Religious Resource Board to liaison with other faith organizations.
• Attend Keesler AFB community events to represent the Catholic community (i.e. Right Start, Newcomers' Info Fairs, etc.).
• Attend Chapel Resource Management Working Group meetings, as required.
• In coordination with the Catholic Priest-Chaplain, assist with the annual AMS Bishop's visit for Catholic confirmation.
• Master's degree in theology or religious Studies, or an Advanced Certificate in Catechesis is preferred.
• The CREC shall have at least one (1) year experience in the Family Faith Assessment Program, or teaching, coordinating, and directing a Religious Education program in a chapel/church setting.
• Must demonstrate a familiarity with and commitment to the Catholic faith, nature of the work requires active participation and knowledge of Catholic programs and activities.
• Ability to work with Chaplain Corps staff and volunteers to plan, implement and evaluate Religious Education goals and objectives.
• Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English.
• Effectively accomplish assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
• Effectively use a computer and associated software, including the following Microsoft programs: Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel.
• Successfully complete and pass security background investigation involving the following agencies for working with youth under 18: a Criminal History Background Check, an FBI Fingerprint Check, and Keesler AFB Installation Records Check (IRC).
Submit current resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Salary commensurate with experience.
Keesler AFB, Biloxi, MS 30022