Youth Minister/Director of Faith Formation for St. Paul Catholic Church in Vicksburg, Mississippi.
The mission of the Youth Minister/Director of Faith Formation at St. Paul Catholic Church mission is to organize and provide catechesisand evangelization for all ages from very young to adults in the parish based on orthodox teaching of the Catholic Church. The primary focus will be on the youth of the parish (grades 7th-12th) and the adult parishioners, though all age ranges and their catechesis falls under these responsibilities. The Youth Minister/Director of Faith Formation works with the pastor's vision for parish evangelization of the pastor as well as in collaboration with the volunteers of the parish who help in the instruction and planning of the catechetical programs.
The Youth Minister/Faith Formation Director for the parish is a full-time position that requires the minimum hours (32) to qualify.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee, develop, and plan the programs and weekly meetings of the youth group
• Oversee, develop, and plan the adult catechetical programs in the parish with parish staff and volunteers
• Aid in the development of small faith sharing groups in the parish
• Upgrade and maintenance of the social media of the parish (website, Facebook, and other communication services)
• Assist those currently leading sacramental preparation programs (RCIA, 1st Communion, Confirmation) and lead Baptism preparation for new parents.
• Involvement at the local Catholic school
• Assist the pastor in other areas designated catechetical or evangelical.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics
• Must be a faithful Catholic in good standing
• Must have a strong desire to work in the field of Evangelization and Catechesis
• Knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church and Catholic theology
• Professional demeanor and ability to set appropriate personal boundaries
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good pastoral skills
• Ability to operate a personal computer and office/productivity software
• Willingness to work with a very flexible schedule
This is a full-time position with the expectation of working a minimum 32 hours a week at an annual salary of $30,000 plus health benefits provided by the diocese. All employees will be held to the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry guidelines for the Diocese of Jackson. All employees involved with minors must participate in the Child Protection training of the Diocese as well as stay updated in the Virtus program.