Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is looking for a Dean of Education who is eager to contribute to its Lasallian Catholic mission of awakening, nurturing, and empowering learners to ethical lives of service and leadership. We invite individuals to help transform lives through education, inspired by the Catholic Intellectual Tradition's quest to understand the human experience through faith and reason and its embrace of all who are dedicated to learning from one another through authentic conversations in search of the truth.
We are particularly interested in, and give preference to candidates that will demonstrate a vision to create and nurture great initiatives that promote our mission in the context of their jobs, and who wish to foster a culture of dialogue that, with deep respect for all people, support the search for meaning and purpose in the pursuit of excellence.
Reporting to the Provost, the Dean:
• Serves as the chief administrative, fiscal, and academic officer for the School of Education, which comprises both undergraduate and graduate education on campuses in Winona and Minneapolis.
• Provides leadership of the School's academic programs, setting the vision and goals for academic programs, grounded in Saint Mary's Lasallian Catholic mission, with the goal of achieving national prominence. The dean assesses the effectiveness and promotes the prominence of the School's educational programs, research activities, partnerships, advancement and development activities, and international education initiatives.
• Serves on the University Academic Council and has responsibility for the strategic, programmatic, financial, fundraising, and management operations that support the mission of the University.
• Oversees the recruitment and retention of faculty, supervises and supports their research and professional development, and foster a culture of academic excellence and innovation.
• The position can be based on the Winona or Minneapolis campus, with regular travel required between locations.
Please see the attached prospectus for further details about the position, as well as the School of Education and a profile of Saint Mary's University.
Education and Experience:
• An earned Ph.D. or similar terminal degree
• Academic background consistent with the rank of professor, as demonstrated by a record of teaching, scholarly publications, and/or creative accomplishments that exhibit a commitment to academic excellence.
• 5+ years of demonstrated success in academic administration and upper level leadership in environments similar in size, scope, and complexity to Saint Mary's.
• Demonstrated commitment to Catholic Education, as articulated in the document Ex Corde Ecclesiae.
• Managed significant responsibility in fiscal planning for academic units, including allocating resources effectively and efficiently among competing needs.
• Significant experience with strategic planning, assessment of program effectiveness, and development of policy to enhance academic units within the university and with national accrediting bodies.
• Competent financial literacy with fiscal skills and business acumen.
• Understanding and commitment to teaching and applied research in a regional university.
• Familiarity with online learning and partnerships from a programmatic, pedagogic and academic perspective.
Apply online at https://hive.smumn.edu/about/offices/human-resources/employment-opportunities and please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota believes inclusion and human dignity contributes to a robust academic and work environment and is critical to achieving the University's mission in an increasingly diverse society. Individuals with expertise and diverse skills from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
Saint Mary's offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, retirement pension plan, and both undergraduate and graduate tuition remission plans.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Winona, MN 55987