Job Title: Development Services Specialist
Reports To: Director of Development
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Schedule: Primarily Monday - Friday. In person during scheduled office hours. Occasional evenings and weekends required to support development events.
The specialist supports the vision and mission of Saint John Vianney College Seminary (SJV) by providing support for its fundraising operations. This includes database management and statistical analysis, as well as operational and administrative support for development services. This position reports directly to the SJV Director of Development and will also collaborate with SJV's communications and event staff to ensure a positive experience of the seminary for all donors, prospective donors, and other key stakeholders.
Essential Functions of the Position:
Database Management Functions (30%)
• Create and update constituent records.
• Develop and implement processes to ensure accuracy and integrity of data. Execute NCOA updates, postal corrections, and constituent record changes.
• Develop processes for data cleansing.
• Act as primary liaison to database software provider, currently Blackbaud Raiser's Edge.
• Work with Director of Development to establish training and best practices for database use by other staff members, including gift processing manual.
Statistical Analysis and Reporting Functions (35%)
• Track and analyze giving, providing weekly and monthly reports for various audiences, as well as specialized analysis and dashboarding for strategic planning, and performance to budget purposes.
• Produce data-informed analysis aimed at optimizing donor cultivation and relationships.
• Generate queries for communications and event staff in support of SJV mission .
• Inform staff of obituary notices for alumni and donors.
• Assist the Director of Development with prospect research and attainment.
• Provide data service support to Director of Business & Operations for student records as needed.
Operational Fundraising Support Functions (25%)
• Process and receipt all gifts. Generate appropriate letters of acknowledgement in a timely fashion.
• Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual pledge reminders. Generate year-end tax receipt letters.
• Maintain records and documentation of gifts. Reconcile gifts with finance team.
• Input and generate event revenue and expense reports.
• Collaborate with events and hospitality team to assist with onsite support for revenue-generating events.
Administrative Functions (10%)
• Assist Director of Development with administrative tasks including but not limited to calendaring, transportation plans, and routine communication with staff and stakeholders.
• Ensure confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
• Prepare and review routine correspondence, reports, and other documents.
• Participate in department, staff development, and strategic planning meetings as directed.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• Robust skills in database management and statistical analysis.
• Ability to recognize data trends and recommend appropriate tracking measures.
• Knowledge of and ability to create fundraising reports.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, implementation, and evaluation.
• Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of office equipment. Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a highly collaborative team.
• Familiarity with the Catholic faith. Comfortable working in a formation-centered Catholic environment.
Job Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• Bachelor's degree in applied computing, database management, information systems or a related field, or an associate's degree with 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
• 1-3 years of database management experience, preferably in a nonprofit development environment.
• Proficiency with Raiser's Edge strongly preferred.
• Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time for meetings/presentations.
• Ability to use computer keyboard for communication, document preparation and data analysis.
Statement on Working for SJV: We are a Catholic formational environment and employment by SJV is substantially different from secular employment. Our employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of SJV and the Catholic Church. Behavior of our employees must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, nor can it embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal.
• Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
St Paul, MN 55105