Director of Music Programming
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is seeking to hire a Music Program Director. The Music Program Director oversees and advances the music program experience on the Winona campus. The director is responsible for leading and promoting the musical arts in creative ways to develop students' talents and appreciation of music. In particular, the director will conduct choral and instrumental ensembles, partner with the local community and diocese, and coordinate a comprehensive enrichment program.
• Conduct choral and instrumental ensembles.
• Provide private lessons for voice and instrument.
• Offer workshops on music appreciation, historical time period, sacred music, etc.
• Assist Admissions in the co-curricular arts recruitment efforts, especially clubs and ensembles.
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with artists to schedule musical co-curricular activities.
• Coordinate annual music events in collaboration with the co-curricular arts team.
• Assess music program to meet co-curricular outcomes.
• Advise musical clubs and support students with those events.
• Maintain inventory of instruments and music.
• Manage music program budget.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Functions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal/human relations skills.
• A demonstrated ability to perform and lead music.
• A demonstrated ability and commitment to inclusion, human dignity, and virtue.
• Support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
• Develops and maintains good working relationships and communications at all levels of the organization.
• Observes safety guidelines and follows safety procedures established by the university.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively alone and within a team environment.
Experience and Education Requirements
• Bachelor Degree in music, music education, performance required. Master of Arts preferred.
• Experience leading and instructing music education preferred.
Apply online at https://hive.smumn.edu/about/offices/human-resources/employment-opportunities and please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota believes inclusion and human dignity contributes to a robust academic and work environment and is critical to achieving the University's mission in an increasingly diverse society. Individuals with expertise and diverse skills from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
Saint Mary's offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, retirement pension plan, and both undergraduate and graduate tuition remission plans.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.