The Church of the Holy Cross located in NE Minneapolis is hiring a Facilities Manager. Holy Cross consists of three campuses (Holy Cross, St. Clement, & St. Hedwig). With roughly 150k square feet to manage you will be in a leadership position to perform and oversee maintenance, rental properties, cleaning, and budget duties to further the mission of Holy Cross.
The Facilities Manager is a campus-based position that plays a vital role in overseeing the functioning of all Church facility systems and buildings, including structural, building repairs and maintenance, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, grounds maintenance and waste management. The manager performs maintenance tasks personally and takes an active role in keeping the equipment and assets of Holy Cross in right order. The Manager helps to create a budget for each year and monitors spending against that budget. The Manager approves all facilities contracts and monitors usage. Additionally, the Manager oversees contractors involved in facility projects and delivery of services. The Manager is also responsible for managing construction/renovation projects and coordinating facilities set up for special events. The Manager is the primary responder for fire and security alarms.
• Create, implement, and perform a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for 3 campuses. The campuses include Church buildings, residential properties, school building, gym, and meeting areas.
• Maintains a tracking system for all requested maintenance orders from staff that updates them on the status of their request and when it has been completed.
• Communicates directly with staff and vendors to coordinate maintenance and repair work.
• Coordinates responses to all facility work orders originating from building users, using established processes, and creating new processes as needed.
• Oversees and performs regular cleaning of all facilities (except school).
• Oversees and performs snow removal and salting for three campuses. Sets schedule for snow removal to accommodate tenant needs and Church schedule.
• Organizes schedules and supervises all repair and construction projects, with sensitivity to Parish calendar, school seasonality and operational need.
Capital & Strategic Planning
• Participates constructively in the strategic development and management of the campus (e.g., Master Plan, zoning compliance, utilities services, energy management)
• Leads and collaborates the acquisition of capital budget items from specification to installation and operation.
• Assists Director of Finance with annual budget and capital budgeting process.
• Hires, schedules, and supervises all maintenance and cleaning staff for the three campuses. Responsible for department personnel management, training, development, and discipline. Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the Facilities Staff.
• Ensures that Facilities Staff are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
• Coordinates on-site special events/facilities activities with all departments.
Provides facilities support for campus events (e.g., setups and takedowns)
• Communicates and meets with the Grounds Committee and provides reports on committee activities.
• Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
• Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
• Agrees to act in a manner as outlined in the mission, objectives, and policies of the Parish as articulated in the Employee Handbook.
• Agrees to participate in administrative meetings.
• Will have a commitment to the institution's needs and readiness to respond as reasonable and necessary in urgent situations. Creates a coverage schedule for off hours for emergency response.
• College or trade school degree or equivalent experience required. Proven personnel management skills and contractor management experience, Aptitude to judge quality of performance in all major technical trades and personal experience in at least one technical trade (carpentry, mechanical, electrical, structural).
• Computer skills in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet.
• Ability to use basic office equipment (copy machine, scanner, fax machine, etc.)
• A minimum of 2 years in Facility Maintenance Management with comparable experience.
• Boiler License and FMP certification desired. The Parish is willing to assist in obtaining these.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgement, and communicate well.
• Must be flexible with work schedule and able to work for longer periods of time.
• Occasional weekend and weeknight work required as repairs and events dictate.
• Frequently lift equipment and materials weighing 50 pounds or more.
• Crawl, climb ladders, twist, turn and reach in completing a variety of job duties.
• Able to work outside in hot or cold conditions for extended periods of time.
• Able to work in wide variety of environments as found in all areas of the parish
• Facilitates technicians, cleaning personnel.
Comprehensive benefits available. Relocation assistance negotiable.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Minneapolis, MN 55413