Assistant Registrar, Transfer Specialist
Saint Mary's University is looking for an Assistant Registrar, Transfer Specialist who is eager to contribute to our Lasallian Catholic mission of awakening, nurturing, and empowering learners to ethical lives of service and leadership. We invite individuals to help transform lives through education, inspired by the Catholic Intellectual Tradition's quest to understand the human experience through faith and reason and its embrace of all who are dedicated to learning from one another through authentic conversations in search of the truth.
This position is responsible for performing official transfer credit evaluations, maintaining course equivalency database (TES) and Transferology, as well as assisting students in the formation of a degree path plan. The Assistant Registrar will supervise the student workers(s) who assist in data entry, provide support in course registration, course schedule, and other registrar functions.
This position may qualify for hybrid work after an appropriate training period.
• Serve as the lead for the process of transfer evaluations including performing transfer evaluation credit requests for new and continuing students and ensuring that transfer credit requests follow policy
• Track documentation for existing articulation agreements
• Research transfer credit articulation standards within the industry and modify practices as needed
• Serve as the lead for the Transferology and TES
• Review course descriptions to determine equivalency with Saint Mary's credits
• Review and apply course substitutions and waivers
• Adhere to academic policy and procedures
• Develop training guides and train individuals on the degree audit system
• Assist in the planning, development, administration, testing and maintenance of degree audits
• Research academic program requirements to ensure accuracy of the degree audits
• Evaluate transfer credits throughout the student lifecycle and data entry of transfer credit into student information system
• Perform other registrar functions including but not limited to course schedule and maintenance, registration, transcript issuance
• Participate in all University commencement ceremonies
• Manage student workers and provide work direction and supervision
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND FUNCTIONS
• Must be able to work independently and in a team, experience working with a diverse population, have effective communication skills, and demonstrate effectiveness managing multiple projects and responsibilities.
• Must be organized, detailed, solution driven and a problem solver. The assistant registrar will need technical skills, a commitment to customer service and demonstrate an interest in student success.
Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of two years of experience in the area of student record and registration in a university setting and must have knowledge of the academic process.
Apply online at https://hive.smumn.edu/about/offices/human-resources/employment-opportunities and please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota believes inclusion and human dignity contributes to a robust academic and work environment and is critical to achieving the University's mission in an increasingly diverse society. Individuals with expertise and diverse skills from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
Saint Mary's offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, retirement pension plan, and both undergraduate and graduate tuition remission plans.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Winona, MN 55987