Saint Mary's University is seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Admission Operations for the Minneapolis Campus. This position is responsible for leading the operational functions of the Office of Admission. This includes the oversight of document processing, records updates, quality assurance and control efforts, and customer service.
• Oversee the execution of workflow related to application document processing and file completion from prospective student's initial inquiry through completed admission files and acceptance to the University.
• Work with third-party providers for application documents.
• Enforce policies for the admission process and best practices.
• Act as a liaison between the Office of Admission and internal departments.
CRM or Customer Database Management
• Review and document training and work processes for ongoing evaluation and adjustments to operations manual.
• Create, edit, and maintain regular reports to support the admission operations in daily processes, quality control, and error resolution.
• Import or enter prospective student information using Informatica tool, Salesforce Data Loader, or other methods.
• Support recruitment mail and print material through CRM mail merge and tracking resources.
Front Desk and Processing Staff Management
• Manage and hire staffing of front desk reception and international student workers .
• Provide training and professional development of staff on front desk responsibilities, transcript management process, electronic processing, acceptance file creation, customer service, emergency procedures, and conflict resolution.
• Supervise, train, and provide mentorship to Cristo Rey high school student worker(s) which includes participation in Cristo Rey events and collaboration with the CWSP Client Relations Manager.
• Oversee Admission Communication Hub which includes routing inquiries from prospective students, students, faculty, staff, and third-party providers through phone, email, mail, and CRM feed.
• Monitor and order the inventory of departmental supplies.
Student Events and Experiences
• Collaborate with admission team to support recruiting events registration and set-up.
• Assist with prospective student walk-ins and office coverage including timely follow-up.
• Develop baseline general knowledge of the university and academic areas to provide front-line customer service .
• Assist and contribute to special admission projects.
• Able to work some evening and weekend hours if necessary (graduation, open house, etc.)
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
Essential Skills and Functions:
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
• Experience developing strong professional relationships and communicating effectively with diverse groups of people.
• Willingness to learn and adapt to emerging skills and practices.
• Strong computer skills.
• Demonstrated experience in relational databases and CRM software required.
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or Associate's degree with at least three years managerial experience.
• Five years of higher education-related experience, preferably in admissions or student services; or a related business processing role.
• May consider other acceptable equivalent combinations of training and experience.
Apply online at https://www.smumn.edu/about/offices/human-resources/employment-opportunities or click here and please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota believes inclusion and human dignity contributes to a robust academic and work environment and is critical to achieving the University's mission in an increasingly diverse society. Individuals with expertise and diverse skills from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
Saint Mary's offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, retirement pension plan, and both undergraduate and graduate tuition remission plans.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.