The Church of St. Therese of Deephaven is seeking a full-time, youth minister to work with the faith formation team to provide programming from middle school through young adults, with an emphasis on development and growth for Grades 9-12 youth ministry. This collaborative position will assist with the implementation of the Confirmation program. This position will also work to develop a young adult ministry in the parish.
St. Therese is a large and established parish with solid liturgical life, established faith formation programs, a beautiful school, consecrated sisters, many volunteers, a vibrant music ministry, many volunteers and service projects and a wonderful location to be of service to Christ. The parish/school is committed to vibrant growth by living out Jesus Christ's call to "Go and make disciples" (Matt 28:19) through our sacramental life, prayer, catechesis, fellowship, evangelization, school, service, and financial stewardship.
A complete job posting is available at st-therese.org.
• Practicing Catholic with strong knowledge and appreciation of the Catholic faith and traditions.
• Previous experience working with youth (especially grades 6-12), including planning and implementing youth events.
• Understanding of and commitment to the teachings and values of the Roman Catholic Church as found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church and other recognized sources of authentic Catholic Tradition.
• Passionate to empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
• Must have ability to work well with people, to give clear directions, and to adapt to changing conditions. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
• Ability to foster and maintain appropriate boundaries with fellow employees, volunteers, parishioners, visitors, and vendors and to conduct oneself in a courteous and professional manner.
• Collaborative management style including demonstrated ability to work well with staff and volunteers.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and leadership
• Proficiency in computer technology and ability to learn and adopt to new computer systems
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and references to Liz Lammers via email at [email protected]