Coordinator of Pastoral Music
"Sing a new song to the LORD, for he has done marvelous deeds. His right hand and holy arm have won
the victory." (Ps 98:1).
Status: 19hrs., exempt, weekend & evening hours
Reports to: Director of Evangelization
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF THIS POSITION
Professional who fosters and enables the assembly's ability to sing the appropriate elements of the
liturgy by coordinating and providing a quality music ministry which helps people encounter Jesus
ensuring the connection between music, worship and evangelization as we grow passionate disciples of
Jesus Christ. At the heart of this position is a joy of sharing the Gospel through music and building
relationships with those involved with music ministry.
• Serves on the Worship team and works closely with the Coordinator of Weekend Experience
o de Sales Choir
o Spanish Choir
Activities and Programs
• Develop and grow the liturgical music ministry of our weekend experience (weekend Masses)
and other parish sacramental and worship experiences incorporating and weaving aspects of
our multicultural parish together and being consistent with the Church's established principles
of good liturgy.
• Plan and lead music for four weekend Masses, Holy Day, and special celebrations.
• Oversee recruitment process, training, and scheduling of cantors for weekend Masses, funerals,
weddings, and other special celebrations (ie. Holy Days, quinceaneras).
• Recruit, support, and schedule accompanists as needed to support the music ministry of the
• Serve as a resource for existing and future events and groups involving worship and music (i.e.
• Coordinate musicians for weddings and quinceaneras (can choose to be first call).
• Maintain a shared list of musicians for funerals and other special occasions.
• Leads in the creation of worship aids when appropriate for the season or particular celebration.
• Collaborate with leaders of other areas in parish ministry.
• Plan, organize, and manage time according to priorities and responsibilities.
• Work with Coordinator of Sunday Experience to draft budget and monitor the use of funds.
• Provide strategic direction to ministries within the privy of this position.
• Support any reasonable request of the Parish Leadership Team & Pastor.
An ideal candidate will be a practicing Catholic who thrives in a team environment, is fluently bilingual
(English/Spanish) and has a cultural awareness of both English and Spanish speaking communities, as
well as the qualifications listed below.
• Degree in, or evidence of serious study or experience in, Sacred Music and Liturgy
• A passionate disciple of Jesus Christ with a love for the liturgy of the Roman Catholic Church
• Ability to play both piano and organ
• Open to being mentored by an experienced team depending upon the candidate's level of
• Knowledge of, and adherence to, the Church's documents on liturgy and music, especially the
2007 document Sing to the Lord: Music in Divine Worship and/or willing to learn
• A spirit of service
• A love of working with diverse people
• Team player
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to multitask
• Excellent computer skills
If you are interested in learning more about this position or would like to send a resume and cover
letter, please contact Ricardo Valdez, Director of Evangelization, at [email protected]