Father Gabriel Richard High School, a Catholic School Community, exists to build up the body of Christ through the intellectual and spiritual formation of its students. Rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, FGR cultivates in each student a sense of awe in response to the beauty of truth. Strengthened by the Sacraments, students are equipped to live at the service of others through academic excellence, intentional discipleship, creativity, and sportsmanship.
The Director of Alumni Relations (DAR) is responsible for cultivating relationships with Father Gabriel Richard High School (FGR) alumni and their parents.
As the lead relationship and development officer, this position reports directly to the President. Responsibilities include: developing an alumni engagement strategy; executing events that help build a robust alumni network; using social media, internet searches, and networking to reconnect with FGR alumni; cultivating relationships that lead to alumni involvement in the school; and solicit financial gifts from alumni. The DAR works closely with the CFO and Development Assistant to identify potential donors, ensure donor engagement is properly tracked in our database, and that gifts are acknowledged in a thoughtful and timely manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute an alumni engagement strategy that reconnects alumni and their parents to FGR; events such as homecoming, reunions, retreats, lectures, sports activities, and other social events.
• Build and chair an alumni advisory board to help plan events and reconnect alumni to FGR.
• Conduct social media/internet searches and network with FGR alumni to gather current contact information for FGR alumni and their parents.
• Cultivate relationships with FGR alumni and their parents to engage their volunteer support and solicit their financial support for FGR.
• Utilizing FGR's donor database, identify, screen, and rate major gift prospects; work with the President to develop strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of gifts.
• Create an engagement plan for key donors based on their giving history, interest, and giving potential. Execute that plan ensuring benefactors are retained and engaged.
• Build alumni following and engagement on FGR's social media platforms.
• Represent FGR at various community and church events to promote FGR and engage alumni.
• Actively support the Mission, Vision and Values of the Fr. Gabriel Richard High School and the Catholic faith.
Tracking and Analysis
• Produce monthly reports tracking progress towards engagement goals.
• Analyze the success and effectiveness of alumni engagement events, identifying areas for improvement.
• Ensure all gifts from donors are accurately and promptly acknowledged and recorded in FGR's database.
• Work closely with the CFO to ensure financial integrity of all reports and fund tracking.
• Ensure results of programs are communicated in a timely manner to donors and other appropriate/interested parties.
• Perform other donor engagement activities as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in communication, marketing, public relations, business, or another related field.
• A minimum of five years' professional experience in development, marketing, sales, or communications, preferably within an arch/diocese, university, or other not-for-profit environment or related field.
• Proven ability to grow fundraising or sales in a fast-paced professional environment.
• Experienced with and understanding of annual, major gift, and capital campaign processes; working knowledge of planned giving techniques preferred.
• Disciplined with tracking performance results and generating reports to show those results.
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and communicate it in an accurate, professional, and compelling format, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work as a valued team member while maintaining a strong sense of responsibility for achieving individual fundraising goals.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and highly acclimated to Raiser's Edge, Salesforce, or another mainstream CRM.
• Intentional disciple of Jesus Christ who evidences values, integrity, and ethics consistent with the Catholic faith and Fr. Gabriel Richard High School;
• Polished and professional in demeanor, using appropriate manners and etiquette;
• Winsome personality, with a natural ability to connect with people and move them to action;
• Compelling conversationalist and intelligent listener;
• Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
• Maintains strict confidentiality;
• Self-starter with tons of initiative and follow through;
• Sustained positive attitude;
• Highly organized and detail oriented; and
• Willingness to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends.
Email your cover letter, resume, statement of faith* and application to: f[email protected]. This position will remain open until filled.
* The statement of faith should briefly explain your faith journey, your current place of worship, your spiritual disciplines, and any experience you have in spiritual leadership roles.
Ann Arbor, MI 48105