Father Gabriel Richard High School, a Catholic school community, exists to build up the Body of Christ through the intellectual and spiritual formation of its students. Rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, FGR cultivates in each student a sense of awe in response to the beauty of truth. Strengthened by the Sacraments, students are equipped to live at the service of others through academic excellence, intentional discipleship, creativity and sportsmanship.
1. Educational: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in English Literature and BA Certification or equivalent. Preferred: An M.A. in English, Education, or a related field
a. Qualified Catholic in good standing
b. Has a passion for bringing youth into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
c. Ability to work cooperatively with administration, teaching staff, students and parents in the ongoing task of providing the best possible education for all students
d. Willingness to accept constructive criticism
e. Ability to function under stress
f. Evidenced planning ability
g. Adaptable to changing situations
1. Work collaboratively with the instructional leader and members of the Literature Department.
2. Is steeped in an integrated humanities curriculum with a focus on Classical Literature, The Western Canon, and The Great Books.
3. Planning and Preparation: to plan in advance for daily lesson presentations, lesson plans shall be kept up-to-date and will contain logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum. Plans will be submitted according to school policies and will utilize best practices in education.
4. Instruction: to provide a classroom learning situation which adheres to the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of FGR.
5. Student Control and Discipline: to be responsible for the order, attention and well-being of students under your care in the classroom setting.
6. Recording and Reporting: to keep daily written records and enter attendance in FGR's online system, and building requirements as they pertain to matter of record keeping. To meet with parents in regularly scheduled conferences and/or whenever necessary to report individual pupil progress.
7. Co-Curricular Participation: to participate on a voluntary basis in planning for and supervising co-curricular student activities and functions approved by the school.
8. Professional Development: to show evidence of continuous growth in the teaching profession.
• Intentional disciple of Jesus Christ who evidences values, integrity, and ethics consistent with the Catholic faith and Fr. Gabriel Richard High School;
• Professional in demeanor;
• Winsome personality, with a natural ability to connect with people and move them to action;
• Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
• Self-starter with tons of initiative and follow through;
• Sustained positive attitude; and
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
Performance for this position will be evaluated by the FGR Principal.
Email your cover letter, resume, statement of faith* and application to: [email protected].
*The Statement of Faith should include an overview of your faith journey, the name of the church you attend, and your current spiritual disciplines.