The St. Paul Evangelization Institute is looking for a joyful, mature Catholic disciple to work remotely as a part-time Web Design Assistant. Our mission is to train, equip, and mobilize Catholics for the urgent work of evangelization through St. Paul Street Evangelization's hundreds of street teams and School of Evangelization.
- Part-time position (20 hours per week)
- Position location: Remote
- Hourly position
- Must embrace the mission of St. Paul Street Evangelization
- Must be an intentional disciple of Jesus Christ and a Catholic in good standing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be organized and exhibit "follow through" on tasks and goals. Be able to multitask
- Deadline oriented
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability
- Basic web development knowledge
- Familiarity with Wordpress, Woocommerce, Memberpress, and other third party plug-ins
- Knowledge of Stripe, Braintree, and Paypal payment systems
- Knowledge of databases and mySQL
- Ability to pick up new skills and learn what you don't know for tasks that are assigned.
- Website Maintenance and Support
- Redesign the SPSE family of websites using Wordpress
- Rewrite code related to team websites and team functionality according to the specifications of the street team leadership
- Monitor SPSE's websites and troubleshoot technical issues, as well as maintain communication with staff about the status of current issues.
- Respond to support requests from users through Asana
- Come up with solutions to make website features more user-friendly and reliable
- Work with staff to develop efficient ways to implement new features as necessary for SPSE's changing uses and needs for their online platform