St. Michael Catholic Announces An Exciting Leadership Position: Position: School Principal
Job Begins: 2023-2024 Academic Year
Enrollment: Approximately 85 students
Grade Levels: Preschool through Sixth Grade
Demographics: St. Michael is located 2 miles west of Remus, Michigan. Our parish has about 600 members and the school has operated on site since 1906. St.
Michael Catholic School is very fortunate to have a very generous and
supportive parish community.
We not only serve the parish, but our surrounding community as well.
Approximately 40% of our currently enrolled families do not practice the Catholic faith.
School Culture: St. Michael has an excellent staff of qualified teachers. We follow the curriculum of the Diocese of Grand Rapids. We begin everyday in prayer and recite part of our Mission Statement to "walk with God, learn, grow, and serve." Our families are invited to become part of our school community. They assist us in many fundraising activities such as our Lenten fish fries, Alleluia Auction, and Wheatland elephant ear sales, among other events.
1. Master's degree in educational leadership or administration with state of Michigan administrator certification or a master's degree in
education with a willingness to obtain administrator certification in the state of Michigan within three years.
2. The candidate must have a current Continuing, Life, Permanent,
Professional, Provisional, or Standard Teaching Certificate for the
State of Michigan at the level of administration for which the
candidate is applying
3. A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing
4. Understands the structures, tenets and institutions of the Catholic
5. Willingness to obtain Advanced Catechist certification within five
6. Final approval of the candidate by the Superintendent
1. Desire to foster the faith life of the community and advance the
mission of the Church
2. Welcoming and personable
3. Strategic vision and planning
4. Ability to engage the community in vision
5. Collaborative team builder
6. Excellent communication
7. Curricular and co-curricular leadership
8. Operational organization and problem solving
9. Responsive decision making
1. School faith community leadership
2. Instructional leadership
3. Student affairs
4. Personnel leadership
5. Business affairs
6. Development/Institutional Advancement
7. Board Relations
8. External affairs
Accountability: Hired by the Pastor in consideration of the Board's recommendation and with the approval of the Superintendent of Catholic Schools; Reports to
the Pastor and is evaluated by the Pastor or his designee (Board Chair)
according to the process established by the Superintendent of Catholic Schools. Accountable to the School Board for the areas of responsibility delegated to the Board by the Pastor and the Diocese. Accountable to the Superintendent of Catholic Schools in certain matters where diocesan policy and direction are concerned.
Salary: Competitive within the Catholic school market
Apply to: Father Thomas Boufford
8929 50th Ave.
Remus MI, 49340
Email: [email protected]
Apply by: Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Apply with: Please attach a detailed letter of application with a resume.
Grand Rapids, MI 49506