Responsible for developing and directing the Parish based pastoral ministry for youth inclusive of the goals, principles and components of youth ministry as found in "Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry" (USCCB). Responsible for the authentic teaching of the Catholic faith by providing direction and vision for evangelization and catechesis of youth within the Parish. Works with others and staff to foster and maintain a safe and rewarding environment where worship, prayer, hospitality, and learning are primary motivators. Provides access and inclusion for persons of all abilities.
• In collaboration with the Pastor/Administrator and other members of the staff and Parish, responsible for researching, and recommending faith formation programs for youth including sacramental programs (Confirmation), recommending, and attaining approval for programs based on the goals and objectives of the religious education ministry.
• Responsible for the development and oversight of the parish's comprehensive youth ministry efforts to disciple adolescents and their families.
o Primarily concerned with the faith formation of those youth in middle school and high school (grades 6-12)
o Develop and maintain a middle school youth ministry program (grades 6-8)
o Develop and maintain a Confirmation preparation program
o Develop and maintain a high school youth ministry program (grades 9-12)
o Develop a young adult ministry program for those aged 18-35
• Directs the development and execution of the Parish middle school faith formation programs in conformity with the guidelines of the Office of Catechesis of the Diocese. Recommends and secures resources to support the program(s).
• Responsible for the communications regarding youth ministry services and programs within the parish, with families, catechists, other parishes, and the Diocese as needed. Provides guidelines and resources to support volunteers, families and others enrolled in program(s).
• Responsible for recruitment, orientation, scheduling, training and spiritual development of volunteers for youth ministry programs meeting all requirements of the Parish and Diocese including but not limited to the Safe Environment programs requirements as set forth by the Archdiocese of Detroit. Provides direction to volunteers and other staff to ensure program(s) run efficiently and effectively.
• May plan and coordinate prayer and liturgical services and programs, maintain calendar of programs, schedules and coordinate sacramental meetings for parents.
• Responsible for planning, preparation, and management of the budget for designated area(s) of responsibility.
• May manage the performance and outcomes of staff members of designated area(s) of responsibility.
• Maintains professional competency by continuing education and formation through regular attendance at meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two or more years in Youth Ministry position or equivalent preferred.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding Parish and parishioner information and matters.
• Excellent administrative and organization skills.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills