BOYS' VARSITY LACROSSE HEAD COACH
Father Gabriel Richard High School, a Catholic school community, exists to build up the body of Christ through the intellectual and spiritual formation of its students. Rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, FGR cultivates in each student a sense of awe in response to the beauty of truth. Strengthened by the Sacraments, students are equipped to live at the service of others through academic excellence, intentional discipleship, creativity and sportsmanship.
The Boys' Varsity Head Lacrosse Coach will work under the supervision of the athletic director in accordance with Father Gabriel Richard High School's Catholic mission. The coach must realize and appreciate the need for the lacrosse program to work with other sports as a complement to the entire athletic department.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Catholic in good standing preferred
• All applicants must have a current resume with a fully completed application.
• Provide instruction and coach students to develop skills and the ability to excel in lacrosse. Contribute to the educational program as a whole and to the growth of students involved in athletics so that they are successfully competitive.
• A minimum of three years of experience as a head boys' varsity lacrosse coach preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes in lacrosse.
• Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
• Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student-athletes.
• Ensure that all lacrosse coaches work together toward a common goal within the lacrosse program and provide unity with a structured feeder system.
• Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students' athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
• Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extra-curricular participation.
• Work with the athletic director to schedule competitions and coordinate arrangements.
• Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of coaching program, which includes but is not limited to making changes based on findings and the ongoing needs of the program.
• Instruct and advise students on NCAA regulations with regard to academic requirements for scholarships and recruiting practices.
• Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off-school property in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and Student Handbook.
• Encourage sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation at all times.
• Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, teachers, athletic director, principal, and president.
• Maintain a current inventory of all fixed assets within program.
• Oversee process of cleaning, repairing, and storing all campus athletic equipment.
• Annually establish and meet performance goals.
• The principal or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the applicable job function and pay grade.
• Directly supervises assigned personnel
• Team discipline
• Athlete and personal development
• Program competitiveness
• Strength and speed development (year-around)
• Coach development (staff and self)
• Operational integrity and supervision
• Community (internal and external) perception (communication and reputation)
• Functionality within the mission of Father Gabriel Richard High School
• Intentional disciple of Jesus Christ who evidences values, integrity, and ethics consistent with the Catholic faith and Fr. Gabriel Richard High School;
• Professional in demeanor.
• Winsome personality, with a natural ability to connect with people and move them to action;
• Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
• Self-starter with tons of initiative and follow through;
• Sustained positive attitude; and
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
Email your cover letter, resume, statement of faith* and application to: [email protected] by Friday, January 6, 2023 at 5:30 pm.
* The statement of faith should briefly explain your faith journey, your current place of worship, your spiritual disciplines, and any experience you have in spiritual leadership roles.