Chesterton Academy, an independent classical high school in the Catholic tradition, seeks an experienced, energetic and results-oriented Development Director to implement and lead all aspects of a comprehensive fundraising program.
A key member of Chesterton Academy's leadership team, the Director of Development serves as an important representative with parents, alumni, donors, and the greater community.
- Design and implement a comprehensive fundraising program, including established annual fundraising campaigns, planned giving programs; and corporate and foundation proposals.
- Oversee all aspects of the school's annual fundraising Gala, including all aspects of event budgeting. Work closely with the Gala volunteers, including parents, students, and staff.
- Develop and coordinate all aspects of the major gifts campaign.
- Create materials and publications to market the school, communicate with various stakeholders and broaden the base of exposure for the school.
- Develop program to solicit major benefactors, foster increased support from existing donors and maintain key relationships in the community.
- Identify new and creative sources of funding
- Oversee processing of all donations, generate gift acknowledgements, and maintain giving records of donors to the school.
- Develop and execute plan to increase alumni and parent support and involvement.
- Minimum of three years of professional development experience, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Extensive experience using Bloomerang or comparable donor management software
- Outstanding computer and technical skills; excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with ability to work under pressure
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three to five references to [email protected] Position will remain open until filled.