Father Gabriel Richard High School, a Catholic school community, exists to build up the Body of Christ through the intellectual and spiritual formation of its students. Rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, FGR cultivates in each student a sense of awe in response to the beauty of truth. Strengthened by the Sacraments, students are equipped to live at the service of others through academic excellence, intentional discipleship, creativity and sportsmanship.
The Facilities Director (FD) is responsible for ensuring Father Gabriel Richard High School (FGR) and its grounds are operationally efficient, clean, beautiful, and meeting the functional needs of its staff, faculty, students, and visitors. The FD manages and performs work necessary to maintain mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, remodeling, painting, communications, and special systems including repair of interior fixtures, furnishings, and equipment.
The qualified candidate will be an intentional disciple of Jesus Christ, with a strong work ethic, tons of initiative, a broad skillset in facilities management, and someone known to be a servant leader.
The FD reports directly to the President and provides direct oversight of FGR's facilities manager, grounds keeper, and custodial staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide daily supervision to the facilities manager, grounds keeper, and custodial staff, ensuring a clean, safe, efficient, beautiful, and functional environment for our 120,000 square foot high school building and 40-acre grounds.
• Develop and manage facility maintenance and/or custodial schedules, activities, and services.
• Manage the prioritization and timely completion of requests made through FGR's facility ticket system.
• Review daily work of the maintenance and custodial staff. Provide training, correction, mentorship, and direct assistance to staff, as needed.
• Coordinate inspection, monitoring, and repair of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, communications, and special systems to determine cost effective repair or replacement.
• Develop and maintain the capital and operational budgets for facilities.
• Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals and objectives for facility integrity and improvement.
• Develop, recommend, and implement procedures to ensure that federal, state, and local building safety regulations are adhered to in the use and operation of assigned facilities; maintain MSDS sheets and other information; coordinate with OSHA on formal inspections of the facility.
• Develop facility maintenance policies and procedures to ensure uniform, safe, and industry-accepted standards for maintenance performance.
• Complete necessary administrative reports and records to ensure job requests, repairs, and maintenance work are adequately received, recorded, prioritized, and completed in a timely manner.
• Ensure the timely and cost-effective ordering of supplies, equipment, and material; maintain inventory control and budgets.
Building Maintenance Responsibilities:
• Prioritize and coordinate short and long-term facility renewal, building maintenance, preventative maintenance programs, and small construction projects.
• Facilitate and manage contracted building, cleaning, and grounds maintenance services.
• Complete moderate mechanical, carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical projects. Hire contractors to complete large, more technical projects.
• Maintain building security, fire protection/alarm systems, and other specialized equipment. Support the Assistant Principal with staff and faculty trainings, including fire and safety drills.
• Personally assist with:
snow removal (often early morning and sometimes weekends);
care and maintenance of athletic fields and grounds;
cleaning of the building when needed; and
setup and cleanup of school activities and events.
• Safely and efficiently operate grounds equipment (e.g. compact tractors, commercial lawnmower, etc.).
• Performs other duties as directed by the President or Principal.
Required Skills & Experience:
• High school diploma; bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum of seven years' facilities management experience.
• Minimum of three years' experience managing a team.
• Significant experience sourcing contractors and managing vendor relations.
• Skilled in:
carpentry and painting;
basic plumbing (fixture repair & replacement required);
basic electrical (fixture repair & replacement required);
small motor repair and maintenance; and
operating light grounds equipment.
• Ability to read and understand building mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems blueprints and diagrams, security and surveillance systems, and hardware.
• Ability to read and understand special systems technical programming manuals.
• Satisfactory completion of contractual training requirements.
• Strong project management, follow-up, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Experience in a church or educational setting preferred.
• Boiler Operators License or similar certifications preferred.
• Possess a valid State Vehicle Operator's License.
• Periodic "on call" work and occasional evenings/weekends required.
• Maintain fitness necessary for considerable physical activity such as standing, walking, kneeling, crouching/stooping/squatting, crawling, twisting, climbing, and lifting an up to 60 lbs.
• Actively support the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Fr. Gabriel Richard High School and the Catholic faith.
• Intentional disciple of Jesus Christ who evidences values, integrity, and ethics consistent with the Catholic faith and Fr. Gabriel Richard High School;
• Professional in demeanor.
• Winsome personality, with a natural ability to connect with people and move them to action;
• Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
• Self-starter with tons of initiative and follow through;
• Sustained positive attitude; and
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Please email your cover letter, resume, statement of faith* and application to: [email protected]
* The statement of faith should briefly explain your faith journey, your current place of worship, your spiritual disciplines, and any experience you have in spiritual leadership roles.