Lennon Pregnancy Center - Development Manager
The Lennon Pregnancy Center is a growing Dearborn Heights-based nonprofit with a compelling mission to empower and aid women and families with unexpected or difficult pregnancies. If you're an articulate, motivated development professional who wants to learn more about this opportunity to grow with us, please email inquiries and resumes to: [email protected]
Every baby conceived in our community is born into a loving family and community and the perceived need for abortion no longer exists.
Our Mission Statement
To enable parents to choose life for their unborn children and to raise their children in loving families. We accomplish this mission by offering enrichment, advice, education, material assistance and other non-judgmental support.
The Lennon Pregnancy Center offers non-judgmental counseling, material assistance and education before, during and after pregnancy. The Center feels an obligation to women who, through our influence, chose to continue their pregnancy and provides its supportive services for up to five years following the birth of the baby. The Center desires to break the negative cycle that often is passed down from generation to generation and to assist women in becoming the best mothers they can be.
Core responsibilities for the Development Manager
• Working with the Executive Director, develop and execute a comprehensive annual fund development plan.
• Manage special events, including solicitation of sponsorships and auction items, and
• Administer donor database including routine information entry and gift processing, donor acknowledgment and data analysis. Maintain data integrity and work with leadership and accounting to ensure monetary contributions are booked accurately.
• Join/participate in community groups, organizations and committees to network and build relationships.
• Help with the expansion of the Lennon Pregnancy Center's current financial and material goods donor base, including corporations, government, faith-based organizations, and individuals.
• Contribute to the organization's social media and email marketing efforts on platforms
including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The ideal candidate will have...
Strong people skills and the ability to work well within groups, as well as with people of all backgrounds.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Experience working within the Microsoft Office platform of applications.
A Bachelor's degree and at least two years of successful development or sales experience.
Strong project management skills and the ability to accomplish tasks without close
Hours, Salary and Benefits
It is expected that this position will be part-time, 2.5-3 days/week. Scheduling is flexible, to be agreed upon by the candidate and the Executive Director (including work-from-home scheduling as agreed).
The budget salary range for this position starts at $20/hour and may be adjusted
according to qualifications and experience.
Paid vacation, holidays, and personal days.
The Lennon Pregnancy Center and all its employees shall sustain and adhere to the principles of equal opportunity, in compliance with all pertinent federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and laws governing fair employment.