Legatus, a membership organization for Catholic CEOs, is conducting a national search for a Conference Director to be based at the headquarters office in Ann Arbor, MI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop programs for full membership in collaboration with the founder and the executive director
• Manage the marketing (copy, design and publication) of all events (hard copy and electronic), as well as the programs for all events
• Manage the logistics of all events, including but not limited to, hotel negotiations, rooming list management, speaker invitations and logistics, decor, menu planning, liturgical planning, the full accounting report and registration process, etc.
• Manage any Legatus staff who are in attendance
• Develop and maintain, in collaboration with the CFO, line item budgets for all national events and be accountable for meeting the established financial goals of the administration
• Responsible for soliciting sponsors for conference events (i.e. exhibitors, speakers, publications)
• Research and provide recommendations to founder and executive director for spiritually enriching international destinations for annual pilgrimage and other national events
• Interact with international offices, locations and restaurants to facilitate arrangements for pilgrimages
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• College degree required
• Minimum of five years successful experience in either nonprofit or corporate meeting planning and management involving both domestic and international destinations
• Experience with profit/loss project management and accounting
• Ability to conceptualize and manage marketing vehicles
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook). Cvent experience is preferred.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
• Experience in negotiating contracts with various vendors, i.e. hotels, speakers, entertainment, etc.
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills, proven creativity
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with efficiency
• Maintain professional demeanor and ability to interface with high level executives
• Customer service orientated
Forward cover letter and resume to Kirsten Raab, Executive Assistant at [email protected]