TITLE: RELIGIOUS EDUCATION SECRETARY
REPORTS TO: RELIGIOUS EDUCATION DIRECTOR (DRE) and YOUTH MINISTER (YM)
Please send your resume with at least two references by email to the current R.E. Secretary, Mrs. Paula O'Brien, at [email protected]. You may also contact her with any questions at 508-429-6076. A detailed job description follows.
This position provides administrative and operational support to the Religious Education and Youth Ministry programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain accurate database for religious education and youth ministry communities using ParishSoft software. Create sessions and classes including maintaining attendance and other reports utilizing ParishSoft.
• Support DRE and Youth Minister including the administration of the Religious Education Registrations process, developing class lists, catechist volunteer database, assisting with Vacation Bible School, sacramental programs and recording, letters and certificates.
• Maintain an accurate Parish-wide CORI background database for all staff and volunteers including Protecting God's Children and other documents required by Parish and RCAB.
• Create communications to Parishioners using Constant Contact.
• As the receptionist for the Parish Center - Welcome visitors, answer phones, take messages, direct inquiries, and receive deliveries.
• Make copies of parish weekly bulletin for Sunday liturgies and CLOW.
• Make copies of the monthly parish newsletter, prepare and coordinate all bulk mailings for Religious Education and Youth Ministries.
• Assist grade level coordinators and catechists as they prepare for classes, general sessions and various events as needed.
• Order office supplies, maintain inventory of supplies, and keep office and storage
areas neat and clean.
• Maintain Copiers, order copier supplies and call for service when needed.
• Proofread and edit documents as required (Parish Bulletins, Newsletter, Programs)
• Accounting for tuition fee payments, payment plans and scholarships.
• General support to all St. Mary's staff members as needed.
• Position is 25-30 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
• Minimum 3-5 years administrative experience
• Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree preferred
• Proficient in (Microsoft Office Suite, email, database management and preferably a proficiency using the Parish-Soft program for managing registrations and reporting).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Efficient time management abilities and accurate data entry skills
• Ability to contribute in a creative manner to the assigned tasks that will assist the DRE and YM in preparing parish events, retreats, and sacramental programs that are important to parish life.
• Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing
• In-Person Only - remote not offered.
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS:
Ability to bend, stoop, climb and reach.
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Ability to sit and use Computer for extended periods throughout day.
The duties and requirements described above are representative of those encountered during performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Holliston, MA 01746