BASIC PURPOSE: Responsible for maintenance of alumni, parents, friends, and organizations data; monitors for data accuracy and data integrity, provides back-up support to the gift processing area. Assists in all aspects of Alumni Events and assists with projects relating to Alumni Engagement and the Assumption Fund in support of the mission of the University.
1. Enters and updates all alumni, parents, friends, corporation, and foundation information into Colleague Advancement;
2. Research and updates mailing, telephone and email information in the database;
3. Assists with training staff and producing reports; develops a firm understanding of the entire database;
4. Supports Advancement Services area which includes, gift processing entry, research, filing, and other tasks as needed;
5. Initiates and performs special data entry projects as requested;
6. Assists staff in use of administrative computer printers, mailings, and other support needs;
7. Works with the Alumni Office in assisting with planning and running events;
8. Works with the Annual Fund on special projects;
9. Serves as a Campus Security Authority for Clery reporting purposes and a Responsible Employee for Title IX reporting purposes;
10. Performs other duties as required.
* Associate or higher degree, or equivalent;
* Worked in a similar position 1+ years;
* Strong attention to detail;
* Ability to work with confidential information;
* Resourcefulness in finding/verifying information;
* Enjoys working in a collaborative environment;
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the University as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption University
* Must be vaccinated and boostered for COVID-19.
* An understanding of business titles and organizational structures, as well as creating / defining complete business contacts.
* Uses administrative computer system, Microsoft Office, copier, laser printer.
* Interacts on a daily basis with all levels of Institutional Advancement staff and other individuals within the University community.
* Uses Web sites, office staff, and other resources to verify information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, and bending are required of this position. Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Examples of mental demands include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.
Apply on line only:www.assumption.edu/hr