The Operations Assistant provides administrative support to the Assistant to the Moderator of the Curia for Canonical Affairs by processing, recording, and maintaining all marriage records, as well as assist Canonical Affairs staff with the regular operations of the office such as letters of suitability and the processing faculties for extern priests, among other duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares properly formatted correspondence, memoranda, agreements and other documents in an accurate and timely manner. Spell check and proofreads each document for content and context.
• Opens, sorts, and prioritizes mail.
• Performs routine to complex filing. Maintains electronic files.
• Exercises good judgment and absolute discretion in handling highly confidential matters.
• Proficient with Archdiocesan policies and procedures is preferred but not required
• Interacts in positive and professional manner with staff and visitors.
• Order supplies as directed.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• BS/BA degree preferred, with 2 or more years of administrative experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills, including a clear speaking voice.
• Spanish/Portuguese-language oral communication skills also preferred but not essential.
• Attention to detail and customer service skills required, including ability to maintain professionalism both in person and by phone.
• Must be supportive of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Well organized, able to multi-task and effectively work in a busy, changing environment.
• Able to handle confidential and timely matters requiring good judgment, tact, respect, and discretion.
• Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail and/or telephone.
• Strong service orientation.
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS:
• Ability to use a computer keyboard for up to 8 hours/day.
• Ability to sit for up to 8 hours/day.
The duties and requirements described above are representative of those encountered during performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.