BASIC PURPOSE: In support of the mission of the University, performs service-related tasks relative to Student billing and Cashiering.
1. Process payments, including student account payments, housing deposits, and General ledger payments - via mail, EFT and in person in a courteous and efficient manner.
2. Process and collects on returned payments
3. Reconcile and post daily Cashier sessions and ready deposit(s) for bank or deposit utilizing Remote Deposit Capture terminal.
4. Reconciles the Institutional Advancement deposit and session batches
5. Process Term Transfers.
6. Reconcile Petty Cash drawer every morning and process small Petty Cash reimbursements daily. Conducts weekly petty cash audit and orders money to replenish petty cash.
7. Reconcile general ledger accounts for credit card payments and deposits received from third party partners.
8. Handles billing and collection of student accounts. Conducts follow-up with students including answering phone calls from students/parents and making phone calls on delinquent accounts in a courteous and efficient manner following FERPA and University policy.
9. Provide assistance at student registration, open house and other after-hours sessions.
10. Update student-billing data to accurately reflect student account balance. This requires working closely with various University departments (Residential life, Food Service, Public Safety, Student Life). Employees cannot up-date or process accounts that are family related or that the employee may have a personal interest in. Violations of this can be grounds for immediate dismissal.
11. Works closely with the Financial Aid Office and students/parents in resolving financial aid and student loan issues so that financial issues can be resolved in a mutually agreeable and timely fashion.
12. Follows federal guidelines regarding processing and disbursement of financial aid such as notification of Title IV fund disbursements.
13. Monitors student's credit balances including credit balances generated by federal funds on a weekly basis and processes refunds.
14. Works with parents/students to accurately calculate a contract amount with our third-party payment plan provider. Coordinate payment process from payment plan to disbursement to student accounts Monitors payment plan for delinquency and contact parents/students to keep account current.
15. Assists in verifying IRS 1098-T forms.
16. Open and distribute all departmental mail daily
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
18. Serves as a Campus Security Authority for Clery reporting purposes and a Responsible Employee for Title IX reporting purposes
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the University as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption University;
* Associates degree preferred;
* Minimum 3-5 years' experience in face-to-face collection preferred;
* Strong Excel and Word computer skills required;
* Excellent communication skills and attention to detail;
* Ability to be bonded required;
* Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality required;
* Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed;
* Peak work times are during student semester billing (Dec-Jan and July -August). Due to the high work volume, weeklong vacation time may not be permitted;
* Vaccinated and Boostered for COVID-19 required.
* Interacts on a daily basis with students, parents, and University personnel, outside agencies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, and bending are required of this position. Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Examples of mental demands include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.
Assumption University is a comprehensive, Catholic liberal arts institution sponsored by the Augustinians of the Assumption. We awaken in students a sense of wonder, discovery, and purpose, forming graduates known for their intellectual seriousness, thoughtful citizenship, and devotion to the common good. Our curricular and co-curricular programs provide students with an education that shapes their souls, forms them intellectually, and prepares them for meaningful careers. We are a diverse community that welcomes different points of view and embraces all who share our mission. Enlivened by the Catholic affirmation of the harmony of faith and reason and by the pursuit of the truth in the company of friends, an Assumption education transforms the minds and hearts of students. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Assumption favors diversity, ecumenically welcomes all who share its goals, and strongly encourages applicants from underrepresented racial minorities to apply.
Apply on line only:www.assumption.edu/hr