Cristo Rey Jesuit Baltimore exists to transform lives by providing academic, professional, and personal growth opportunities for high school students in Baltimore City. This is achieved through a program that incorporates a Jesuit-informed high school education, comprehensive college and career guidance, and professional development through our signature Corporate Internship Program that places every student in a professional job five full days a month, all four years of high school.
We provide access and opportunity for students of religious, racial, and ethnic diversity. The school educates 350 boys and girls in grades 9-12, 67% of whom are Black, 30% of whom are Latino, and 100% of whom are from Baltimore City families who demonstrate significant financial need. To qualify for admission to Cristo Rey Jesuit, students must be below the 250th percentile of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, and two-thirds of our students qualify for free and reduced lunch.
Governed by a large, dedicated, passionate and supportive Board of Trustees, the President oversees a dynamic and cohesive executive team of administrators responsible for the day-to-day operations of the school's academic and student life programs, the Corporate Internship Program, fundraising, and administration. Now, the Board of Trustees of Cristo Rey Jesuit is seeking an authentically mission-driven and passionate champion to become its next President beginning in July 2024 or sooner. Our new President will work strategically with the Board of Trustees to improve facilities, advance academic achievements, and strengthen the financial foundation of Cristo Rey Jesuit for the next generation.
The school's next new President should be able to excel within the following opportunities and challenges:
• Provide strategic, visionary, and inspirational leadership to drive the continued success and growth of the institution;
• Support the faculty and staff to ensure that they are motivated and experience joy and meaning in their work;
• Lead and be the public face of the school via a well-developed communication strategy;
• Collaborate as a thought partner for both the Administration and Board of Trustees to expand opportunities for the current and future success of the school;
• Ensure that the school's physical plant meets the needs of the students, faculty, and administrators to fully achieve the school's mission;.
• Partner with the Principal and Director of the Corporate Internship Program to innovate school programs to meet the evolving educational, emotional, and spiritual needs of our students;
• Lead the school's fundraising and campaign efforts for all areas of school life by building, strengthening, and creating relationships with corporate partners, donors and friends of the school; and
• Be present and available on-campus to engage with all members of the school community.
Specific desired qualities include the following:
• A strong ability to listen and communicate with high energy and enthusiasm for Cristo Rey Jesuit's mission;
• Confidence, competence, and transparency, with a commitment to academic excellence;
• Highly relational servant leader who knows not only the vision of the school, but also the names of every student and faculty/staff member on campus;
• Strong desire to celebrate and serve the Jesuit mission of the school;
• Experienced and proven track record of having a strong financial acumen to generate revenue and meet fundraising goals;
• Authentic and charismatic personality who can be relatable, approachable, and will serve as a public champion for the school;
• Empathic community builder who is able to establish a vision for the school through collaboration and trust amongst the community, while holding members of the community accountable for its attainment; and
• Understands (or is willing to learn) the educational and political landscape of Baltimore and the surrounding area.
As part of our commitment to enhancing our school community, we are committed to embodying the aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of this search. We particularly encourage applicants who will enrich the diversity of our community.
Additional information about the school and the position can be found at the Cristo Rey Jesuit Baltimore website: www.cristoreybalt.org/president-search/