SUMMARY OF POSITION
The mission of The National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton is to promote the life and legacy of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton as a source of inspiration and encouragement for all people. The Faith Drama Artistic Director directly contributes to this mission by overseeing the execution of the "Back from the Dead" program and providing a moving and impactful experience for visitors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Planning and Preparation:
• Work with marketing office to promote auditions.
• Plan for and run auditions with oversight from the Director of Programs.
• Recruit additional actors as needed with assistance from the Volunteer Coordinator.
• Schedule and run rehearsals.
• Work with volunteers to create, purchase, and/or assemble all costumes, lighting, props etc. adhering to established event budget.
• Coordinate with Associate Director of Programs to plan for parking, safety, and use of historic homes and grounds.
• Coordinate with Visitor Services Coordinator regarding ticket sales and group reservations.
• Work with staff and volunteers performing the talk-back portion of the event to ensure that they are prepared to facilitate group discussion.
• Be available for interviews with press as needed.
• Coordinate with marketing staff regarding photo and video shoots as needed.
• Coordinate the set up all lights, set pieces, sound and additional tech with support of volunteers or staff.
• Prayerfully and calmly lead volunteers and staff in the execution of the program.
• Ensure the safety of all staff, volunteers, and visitors on performance nights.
• Clean up and store all supplies in a timely manner.
• Must have an engaging personality and the ability to build easy and encouraging relationships.
• Degree in Theater and/or the Arts or similar experience required.
• Experience in Directing required.
• Public speaking skills required.
• Must be a practicing Catholic with general knowledge of Catholic theology and devotions.
• Ability to work well with people of diverse ages and cultural backgrounds.
DESIRED SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
• Experience in teaching preferred but not required.
• Computer experience, preferably using cloud-based systems such as Google Drive.
• Physically able to sit, stand, or walk for several hours without sitting and move/lift up to 50 lbs.
• Able to climb stairs.
• This position is a contracted position.
• Hours vary throughout the year; on average 20-30 hours a week.
• Schedule will include:
o at least one weekday for a standing meeting during work hours.
o regular evenings and weekends during the contracted period.
• Must be available for all (or 90% of) this year's performance dates.
• Expect to work 8-hour days on these dates:
o October 13, 14, 15
o October 19, 20, 21, 22
o October 26, 27, 28
Emmitsburg, MD 21727