The Coordinator of Liturgical Music is a member of the Parish staff with professional preparation and pastoral sensitivity to the celebration of Catholic liturgy and ritual and the importance of music to the liturgy. In conjunction with the Pastor, provides leadership in the planning, execution and celebration of all Parish liturgies including music leadership by directing, planning, and coordinating the parish music programs. Position is an exempt position that reports to Pastor.
Coordination and Administration
1. Serve as member of the Parish Staff and the Liturgy Committee.
2. Participate in decision-making regarding overall and liturgically specific parish direction and activities.
3. Prepare and manage the music portion of the annual budget.
4. Maintain the parish music library.
5. Schedules regular maintenance of equipment: organ, piano, sound system.
6. Supervises parish accompanist.
1. Directs and rehearses Parish traditional choir and contemporary group. Currently Wednesday and Thursday evenings and weekly at the 9 & 11am Masses from September through Corpus Christi.
2. Works with the Pastor to discern parish worship and prayer needs and to assure quality liturgical celebrations and sacramental services including (but not limited to) Saturday Vigil and Sunday Masses, Holy Days of Obligation, Christmas, Easter, and the Paschal Triduum.
3. Coordinate scheduling and training music ministers for all liturgies.
4. Provide materials and/or training for the preparation of cantors/song-leaders, musicians, and other parish related music programs/events.
5. Coordinates annual Christmas concert.
6. Forms and maintains a children's choir.
1. Maintains awareness of Catholic liturgical theology and music including contemporary praise and worship and traditional Catholic church music.
2. Serve as a resource to religious education/formation staff and catechists in selecting music and planning liturgies and prayer services.
3. Invite, encourage, and enhance assembly participation in the ongoing expansion of the parish music repertoire and liturgy.
1. Practicing Catholic willing to engage in the faith life of our parish.
2. Degree in Liturgy, Liturgical Music, or equivalent experience.
3. Demonstrated vocal and keyboard/piano proficiency.
4. Strong organizational skills and ability to collaborate/coordinate with parishioners and parish staff.
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Fallston, MD 21047