Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Some of the major responsibilities include:
1. Maintaining Academic Records
2. Creating Academic Course Schedules and Registration Preparation
3. Maintaining Degree Programs Information
4. Acting as liaison for International Students
5. Assisting with Research, Assessment, and Planning
6. Assisting with Seminary Admissions and Orientation
Some of the minor responsibilities include:
1. In the support of the Seminary Academic Dean
Providing clerical support, as needed.
Assisting with polls and other assessment tools
2. Professional Development
Attending professional development seminars, as the opportunity arises.
Maintaining proficiency in the Microsoft 365 Office Suite and other software, as updated versions are developed.
Attending annual Jenzabar JAM and SLATE conferences, as funding is available, to learn about the latest developments in those software programs.
3. Community Service
Representing the Seminary on various committees, as needed
Collaborating with other offices across the university to foster the spirit of community.
Collaborating with the seminary alumni/development office in the maintenance of the seminary website.
Networking with other registrars from ATS-accredited seminaries regarding common policies and practices.
Performing other job-related duties, as assigned; assisting seminary faculty, administrators, and clerical staff, as needed.
1. Post-secondary education, preferably a Master's degree, but at least a B.A./B.S.
2. To have good leadership skills marked by humility and competency.
3. To be loyal to all the Church's teaching and exhibit a love for the priesthood.
4. To exhibit a high degree of integrity and dependability, a strong work ethic, and the ability to collaborate with others and maintain appropriate confidentiality.
5. To have the ability to work independently, perform multi-tasks and demonstrate competence in all areas of responsibility.
6. To be able to work with all members of the Seminary community in a professional and charitable manner.
7. Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
8. Have the ability to maintain confidentiality of materials handled.
9. Be familiar with graduate academic record keeping, and the standard flow of the academic year.
10. Possess filing and organizational skills and facility with the computerized office.
11. Have proficiency in Microsoft 365 office word processing and database programs on PC with laser printer and campus-wide-information-system database.
12. Possess proficiency in English language, grammar, syntax and punctuation skills.
13. Have familiarity with United States Post Office regulations.
14. Be willing to be trained in computer software, in particular:
Microsoft 365 Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Teams, etc)
JENZABAR (or other CWIS) database, primarily J1-registration and advising modules, but also maintaining familiarity with J1-Student Life and Admissions modules
Course evaluation interface through the MyMount portal
SLATE admissions software
CANVAS course management software
SCRIPSOFT "Diplomas on Demand" or other diploma-generating software
CASCADE (or other) website management software
(ACALOG, electronic catalog software)
15. Have the ability to read college/university transcripts.
16. Possess knowledge of Department of Homeland Security and other governmental regulations regarding student visas and other matters of concern to international students in religious formation; and use of Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) software, if approved by SEVP as a DSO.
17. Have familiarity with and adhere to all the safety rules and regulations for the University Safety Policy which apply to the work environment.
This is a full-time position with full benefits and annual, holiday and sick leave. The university offers a generous benefits package, including tuition remission for graduate and undergraduate classes at Mount St. Mary's University, retirement program with a match as well as a generous paid time off schedule. Competitive salary commensurate to experience.