The men's campus minister and development officer will be responsible for promoting the mission and vision of the Catholic Student Center on the University of Maryland-College Park.
• Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing
• Has a thorough knowledge and understanding of the teachings of the Catholic Church and its traditions.
• Has a personal prayer life
• Able to develop and implement programming that meets needs of student community and is consistent with mission of Catholic Student Center
• Able to find, meet, and follow up with supporters.
• Weekly meetings with Chaplain, Campus Minister, and Development Director
(30/hrs a week during the school year, 10 hrs./week during the summer and winter breaks)
As a campus minister, under the direction of the chaplain, develops, organizes, and executes mission oriented towards students, staff, and faculty of the university. The mission and efforts of the campus minister is ultimately geared towards meeting the following goals identified by the USCCB in its pastoral letter on campus ministry, Empowered by the Spirit: developing the faith community, appropriating the Catholic faith, forming the Christian conscience, educating for justice, facilitating personal development, and calling forth and developing the gifts of community leaders. The campus minister supports the mission statement, core values and pillars of leadership of the Catholic Student Center.
Developing the Faith Community
• Maintains office hours and a ministry of presence at the Catholic Student Center
• Attend, aide in planning, and maintains an active presence at Wednesday Night Student Dinners and other CSC events.
• Devoted to daily prayer life from which he can share the love of Jesus Christ to others.
Appropriates Catholic the Faith
• Is available and serves as a resource for students, faculty, and staff who may have questions about Church teaching.
• Open to being formed and has desire to continue to learn about the faith.
• Plans, leads, and executes at least two retreats in the year working together with the campus ministry team and student directors.
Educates For Justice and Helps to Form the Christian Conscience
• Men's Ministry
o Oversees and disciples male student leaders who run chastity accountability groups.
o Meet one-on-one with students to help lead them to Christ and channels where students can continue relationship at the Catholic Student Center
• Oversees Service and Pro-Life Ministry
Calls Forth Gifts of Community and Develops Leaders
• Works together to form ministry team to form and disciple the student leaders of the Catholic Student Center
• Leads and supports all outreach efforts.
Responsibilities and mission can also include the following depending on passions and gifts God has given applicant:
• Hospitality ministry
• Multicultural ministry
• Music ministry
• Liturgical ministry
• Stewardship ministry
(30 hrs./week during summer and winter breaks, 10 hrs./week during the school year)
Development Officer's primary task is to find, meet, and follow up with supporters and alumni of the Catholic Student Center through one-on-one engagements.
The following duties include:
• Raises awareness and support for the ongoing needs, mission, and vision of the Catholic Student Center
• Meets with potential donors inviting them to join the ministry team through prayer and donations.
• Follows up with current donors with notes, phone calls, newsletters, and visits.
• Open to being further taught and formed in fundraising as ministry.
• Assist in the planning and execution of donor events such as Catholic Terps on Tour, alumni events, retreats, and mission trips.
• Assist in the planning of the vision of the Catholic Student Center
• Assists in maintaining donor database.
• Assists in annual mailings.
• Bachelor's degree
• Familiarity with MS Office Suite, Publisher, or other marketing program
• Familiarity with HTML and website management skills
• Knowledgeable of social networking tools
• Possesses pastoral counseling skills.
• Two years related experience; or combination of education, training and experience.
• Two years' experience working with a priest in youth ministry or campus ministry preferred
• Two years of fundraising experience preferred.
• Experience working with or familiarity with FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students) preferred.
Hyattsville, MD 20782