The mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, the archdiocese is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists department in carrying out various activities in support of human resources programs and procedures for ADW lay employees.
• Participates in administration of self-funded benefits plans to include data entry, confirming documentation, responding to benefits questions.
• Maintains Human Resource Information System records and Personnel files
• Processes New Hire Reporting requirements
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars, as required.
• Maintains the Human Resources inbox and answers the Human Resources phone line
• Assists in exit interview process by preparing documentation and scheduling interview.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Respect for the teachings of the Catholic Faith
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Strong customer service skills and experience
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under time sensitive deadlines
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a combination of work experience and education.
• Two years' experience in Human Resources or administrative experience
• Knowledge of basic principles and practices of Human Resources.
• Experience with an HRIS database preferred
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hyattsville, MD 20782