The mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, the archdiocese is seeking a Director for Educational Programs in the Catholic Schools Office.
The Director for Educational Programs will lead the implementation and management of professional development of teaching initiatives in the Archdiocese of Washington. The Director for Educational Programs supports school administrators and teachers in understanding expectations for adhering to ADW certification standards. This position will interface with all members of the Catholic Schools Office around the area of educational excellence and report to the Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Research, develop, and evaluate educational materials
• Develop and manage relationships with university partners
• Provide support to schools to address areas of improvement through training
• Organize, manage, and evaluate online and in-person continuing education modules
• Work with the Retention and Recruitment Committee on identified strategic goals
• Serves as a resource person for teacher certification to include processing MSDE CPD Credit Forms and OSSE PD Certificates
• Assist with certification cohort management in collaboration with the Academics Team
• Work collaboratively with school leaders and the Director of Curriculum and Instruction on assisting in the development of professional development opportunities
• Collaborate with Assistant Superintendent in the coordination of instructional support for school leaders
• Collaborate with the Marketing Team on updating Teacher Portal and Principal Portal websites in line with the Academics Team needs
• Develop as applicable, training modules for school leaders and teachers
• In collaboration with the Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning, plans, coordinates, and manage professional development opportunities at the school and at the district level
• Leads and/or participates on committees as applicable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Practicing Catholic who supports the teachings of the Catholic Church preferred
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
• Strong ability to work effectively with individuals and groups
• Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Desire to serve as a team player
Education and Experience
• Master's Degree in Education or graduate coursework in Education Administration a plus
• Minimum of three years of teaching experience in Pre-K-Grade 8; school leadership experience preferred
• Successful experience in leading teacher professional development
• Knowledge and experience with analyzing assessment data to use to assist instruction and learning
• Knowledge in the areas of instructional methods and theory
• Experience in facilitating groups
• Excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• This position operates in a professional learning environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as phones, computers, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and scanners.
• The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• Regular full-time employee (40 hours/week); occasional travel to Archdiocese schools required. Occasional evening work may be required.